𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝 - 𝐯𝐢𝐢

(𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅)

❝𝑾𝑬'𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝑾𝑬 𝑼𝑺𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑶 𝑩𝑬.❞

𝟖𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

a year later, what can i say? a lot changed for y/n. she became friends with some popular slytherins - draco malfoy, pansy parkinson, gregory goyle, theo nott, blaise zabini and vincent crabbe. those were the people in her main friend group, at least. though they liked to bully people, y/n remained kind to others. she befriended hermione granger, ginny weasley, ronald weasley, neville longbottom, and so on. one person that she despised though, was harry potter.

the boy that she became good friends with on the train ride on the first day was now her worst enemy. they hated each other with a burning passion, whenever they passed in the hallways they'd look at each other so maliciously that one may think that they were about to kill the other. this, of course, caused arguments between the so called, 'golden trio.' nothing about them was golden, y/n thought.

seeing as the three had been given that stupid nickname, y/n's friend group jokingly named themselves the 'silver seven.' her friends had an awful reputation within the school, unlike y/n. she was liked by most teachers, students, and prefects. 

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

it was potions class, and y/n was sat next to pansy parkinson, one of her close friends. they were messing around, throwing a small piece of paper to theo. their small 'game' quickly came to a halt when professor snape entered the room. stuffing the paper into a pencil case, the room was overcome with a colder, more bitter feeling than before. snape rushed to the front of the classroom, his black cloak trailing behind.

"you will each be put into partners for this upcoming project. i will accept no complaints, or else there will be a double detention for all," he spoke in his boring, monotone voice. "the partners read; pansy parkinson and blaise zabini. hermione granger and neville longbottom. draco malfoy and theodore nott. gregory goyle and ronald weasley." and so on. y/n was waiting for her name to be called, until suddenly she perked up.

"y/n l/n and harry potter."

she immediately slumped into her seat, groaning loudly whilst stuffing her face into her arms. her friends snickered, finding the situation amusing.

harry rolled his eyes, raising his hand to complain, but ron grabbed his arm and yanked it down. "it'll be good experience for ya' both. maybe you can finally learn how to get along instead of being so bloody stubborn." he was right, harry just didn't want to admit it.

begrudgingly, the boy went and sat down next to y/n, dumping his bag down on the floor. immediately, they turned so that they weren't facing each other whilst snape explained the project to the students.

"as much as i hate you," y/n started. harry looked towards her in annoyance. "we will have to put our differences aside and just work on this project, because i am not failing and i'm sure you wouldn't want to either."

"i guess." he muttered. they both rolled their eyes, seemingly in sync.

a/n!

hi! this chapter might seem a bit surprising and sudden, but i promise it'll all work out, yes, this is still a harry potter x reader, and they are in second year now. basically, harry and y/n became enemies in first year, and now they have been put in a project together. it will be an enemies to lovers typa thang yk what i mean? i hope you all still like the plot! thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments! ily all!! <3

-gracie xx