𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐫 - 𝐢𝐱

(𝑙𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑)

❝𝑻𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑲𝑳𝑬 𝑻𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑲𝑬 𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹, 𝑨𝑳𝑪𝑶𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑰𝑪𝑺 𝑫𝑶𝑵'𝑻 𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝑭𝑨𝑹.❞

𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟐

eight whole days had passed since harry and y/n had begun studying in the library. as much as they both hated and refused to admit it, the two were starting to loosen the grudge against each other.

it was two in the morning, and harry was laying in his bed, staring up at the ceiling, lost in his thoughts.

he was thinking about the same thing he had been thinking of for around a year. 

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

it was a a cold night in first year, and harry, ron, and y/n just so happened to stumble across the mirror of erised. as they ran over to the dusty object, ron gasped in amazement.

"look, it's me - i'm head boy! and god, i look handsome." 

shoving the ginger away from the mirror, y/n and harry stepped forward. "get out the way harry! all i can bloody see is you!"

"no, all i can see is you covering up my view!"

at the time, they didn't realise. they didn't realise that they saw each other in the mirror of erised. they didn't realise that it wasn't just the case of  y/n not being able to see over harry's shoulder, or the case of y/n's bag covering up his view. 

it wasn't until a week later, until harry visited it again, and saw y/n, despite her not being in the room. dumbledore explained the mirror's purposes, but of course, harry was stubborn and ignored him.

 ✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

morning arrived quicker than harry anticipated. by the time that he had just managed to fall asleep, it was time to begin his classes. he woke up, not bothering to brush his hair, with his glasses lopsided. it looked like harry had just fallen out of bed, which, he did.

now, it was time for transfiguration, one of his least favourite lessons. the boy was half-asleep on his desk, his head lazily resting on his hand. 

"mr potter?"

"potter?"

"mr potter! that is detention for ignoring me and falling asleep in class. very ashamed."

as soon as the word 'detention' flowed out mcgonagall's mouth, harry woke up fully. he looked towards her with annoyance, and groaned, slouching in his chair.

half an hour passed, and the time for his detention arrived. ron, y/n, and hermione were walking through the halls, chatting as they made their way to lunch.

"and then, she gave him detention, so he won't even get a lunch break," hermione laughed.

both ron and hermione laughed, but y/n stayed silent.

yes, she despised the boy. yes, he was evil, yes, she wanted to murder him.

but.

he was human too. and he had already gotten in a lot of trouble for stealing a car and flying it to hogwarts two months prior. he would get in a lot of trouble for this. for some reason, y/n felt something, not a very nice feeling.

was it..regret?

empathy?

sympathy?

whatever it was, it was not a feeling that was going to go ignored. "guys, i'll be right back. i just need to go to the toilet really quick."

before hermione and ron could even respond, y/n was running towards the transfiguration classroom. 

"do you reckon she's got some kind of bladder problem?"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

y/n turned a corner, and there it was; the classroom.

taking a small breath, she entered the classroom with a worried expression. "professor mcgonagall! some fourth year boys are fighting down the hall!" 

within seconds, the old woman was racing to find the non existent boys. 

once she was out of view, y/n turned to face harry.

"well are you coming or what?"

he quickly grabbed his jacket and they both ran out the classroom, in the opposite direction of mcgonagall. 

finally, they reached the great hall. by this point, the two were out of breath laughing. 

"did you see the old bitch's fa-"

then, the laughter came to a stop. they remembered- they shouldn't be laughing, they hated each other, right? an awkward silence filled the air before harry cleared his throat.

"well, uh. thanks for that. i guess i'll see you tomorrow?" 

"yeah! tomorrow! yeah! i'll see you then. uh, cool."

they both paused, before walking their separate ways.

for some odd reason, y/n had fun with harry. harry had fun with y/n. 

but he disliked her.

she disliked him.

or so they thought.

a/n!!

hii, how is everyone doing? this is a bit of a short chapter, and there's been a lot of questions being asked about the plot. this will be revealed later in the story, but, quite obviously, it's an enemies to lovers story. i would also like to say thank you so much for over 11k reads!! 11k?!? that's mental, i cannot thank you guys enough. i love seeing all your comments, and try to reply to a lot! 

if you have any questions, please ask them here, and i will reply to them all. :)

also did you notice how it went from 'hated' to 'disliked'? ;))

-gracie <3