𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐲 - 𝐢𝐢.

𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅

❝𝑾𝑬𝑳𝑳, 𝑴𝑨𝒀𝑩𝑬 𝑯𝑬𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑻𝑶𝑶 𝑩𝑨𝑫. 𝑰 𝑴𝑬𝑨𝑵, 𝑷𝑬𝑶𝑷𝑳𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑵 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬.❞

29𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭, 1991.

the girl hugged her black coat against her body, feeling the light autumn breeze. above her, the blue sky which was once so pretty was now hidden away in the grey, gloomy clouds. she didn't mind though, of course. after all, she did enjoy the windy season. she looked up at her grandma, wondering where to go.

"now, dear. this is where we need to go," her grandmother would point towards a brick wall. y/n was incredibly confused- a brick wall is their destination? as she stared at the slightly cobbled brick wall, her grandmother would tap her wand against the brick wall several times. as the chipped wall opened up, a bustling street, filled with all sorts of magical things, revealed itself.

oh how beautiful it was. a few dim-lit streetlamps stood in front of them. too busy to comprehend, the alleyway was full of people, presumably with the same aim as y/n.

"where to first?" she'd look up at the woman.

the lady in question paused for a moment, before planting her gaze onto the robe shop. "we'll get your uniform first!"

they'd walk into the shop, surrounded by parents and guardians alike. there were neatly folded shirts, blouses, robes - everything you'd need for a full uniform. y/n walked over to the robes, lightly trailing her fingers across the hems. her fingernails were short and grubby, as she'd been planting in the garden.

"i don't care how 'expensive' it is, these robes are so ugly!" she'd overhear a voice, it seemed to be the voice of a young boy. turning around to get a better view, y/n came to the realisation that it was just another bratty, rich white boy.

she rolled her eyes, getting annoyed at how pathetic the boy was being. he had very light - almost white - hair, that'd been slicked back by some gel. from the angle y/n was looking at him, it just appeared that he had greasy hair.

she'd get the robes in the correct size that she needed, the robe was rather baggy, but that was okay.

she then continued shopping, going to more shops as she made her way to the end of the alley. she had purchased her wand, 9 inches with unicorn hair in the core, which obviously, as any young girl would, y/n thought was magical.

landing on the ice cream shop, her eyes narrowed. y/n's grandmother got pulled towards it, frantically grabbing ahold of her purse.

she was sat down on her own table, waiting for her grandma to finish ordering. as she fiddled with the items in her courduroy bag, she noticed an unusually large man.

she almost didn't notice the shy young boy behind him. the large man moved, and so did the boy. getting a better look at him, y/n noticed that he had dark brown hair - almost black - and round glasses. not wanting to seem creepy, she turned back, only to see her grandma walking out with the ice creams.

"come on then!"

the young girl grinned, rushing out the door and retrieving the ice cream.

authors note!

hii! so sorry for the late update, but i finally published! thank you so much for all the kind words on the last few chapters, i appreciate it so much!! i love you all, stay safe, and ill see you in the next chapter! <3