Atiera

The complex was poorly guarded thanks to the shift change. The normally busy hallways and observation decks were void of any activity. Casually the duo walked into the reactor room.

They followed the power source with weapons drawn. Zephyr reached behind her head and drew her KorTrat sword. This being her first time doing so; the block of KoTrat glowed and read her mind. The programable matter formed a incredibly sharp battle sword. (KoTrat was a rare alloy that could be programmed only once.)

Each sword carried a name written in Jäger. The language itself was a composite of several languages. German Spanish Latin and at times Japanese. Her swords name was named "vivere et Mori" - to live and die.

The Bio Reactor was in fact the legendary Atiera. White light mixed with a neon blue spilled away from her. The as they accessed the power grid they powered down the intake. As the rush of energy began to subside. They realized Atieras voice was the scream of power that filled the room.

Formally free floating Atoma slowly lowered. Anger spike in their minds as they removed the KoTrat anchors hooked into her body. The only substance 95 percent of the Atoma race could not dissolve. Now awake; Zephyr engaged her friends armour.

Together Cred and Zephyr repaired her weakened body. Looking up suddenly Cred motioned. "Wait." They became aware of something hunting them. "What is it Cred? Atiera is hurt bad." Her body was accepting the energy but it had forgotten how to apply and heal itself.

Zephyr somewhat satisfied with Atiera condition for a moment she chose to look down the hall way from which the threat was approaching. Like her eyes were blurred from an obstruction she hardly could make out the figure.

"What ever it is Z... it's using a biological skill to deviate our sensors." Zephyr stood and reached out with her atomic abilities.

"It's very very close...." she paused and opened her eyes as she felt pressure on her outstretched hand. "It's right in front of you..." Cred calmly stated even tho he could not see anything. In response He slowly inched his AR- like rifle up to ease off a shot. The light bending around the being slowly began to stop.

A Narashti's Mordor butted its head cautiously against Zephyrs hand. In a very animal like way it seemed to ask for affection. "A Mordor yes- but this is not a threat to us." Cred raised his lip almost like he was disgusted. "It's almost not natural.." he said lowering his rifle.

The Mordor relaxed its quill like armour and it began to look more cat-dog like. Although it's personally was unique. It's head rested on either side of Zephyrs dainty hands.

"He feels... happy." She smiled thinking how odd for such a fearsome creature. It lowered its head slightly and coughed a small object to the ground.

Bending Cred picked up the small data storage device. Wirelessly he accessed its files. Extracting a video he played it for the both of them. It was the only file on the device.

A very affluent and royal looking Nirashti appeared on the screen. Recognizing the armour and family crest Zephyr sighed in hidden worry. "Adara..."

The dragon born female explained that she is being hunted and needed to disappear. Atiera a sister like friend to her personally responded. However as she explained, "Atiera was struck down trying to escape. I couldn't let my ship fall into enemy hands. So I made the choice to seal up my ship with my Mordor." She looked down and frowned. "He was left behind because he suggested to wait for Cred and our Lady Zephyr. We heard of your betrayal and left agents everywhere to predict where you might be dropped off at..." she sighed and looked at the screen. A moment passed. "My lady; I digress, my ship and my loyal Mordor are now yours. To protect you, and to transport you."  Saluting she bowed slightly and smiled.

Looking down to the Mordor it sat at her feet to her right. Looking up to her it seemed abandoned and alone too. Thinking the bond between Mordor's is strictly in ownership only. She was surprised then as she felt a strong desire to gaze into the eyes of her new companion.

It's eyes were large. She could not, could not look away. She could feel a coldness enter the core of the armour. The dog like creature faded from her vision again as a serpent like crest appeared across her chest plate. Slumping forward Cred caught her.

She awoke suddenly hold Creds hand. As if he was going to slap her to her senses. "Did you slap me?!" She said in almost disgust. Stuttering Cred released her and acted innocent. "No. Of course not." He cupped his hand and in pain as he turned around.

Getting her bearings she quickly took the next step in the line of war. "This is Ravens Calling property, as such we must destroy this complex." More memories flooded to her mind. Wobbling slightly she put her hand out as to expect Cred to come running to her.

Cred was officially no longer the only one helping her. The Mordor released memory cells after memory cells. A pail green glow had returned to her eyes. Her helmet folded away from her face.

Her silver green eyes opened and she sighed. "Just because a girls in pain, doesn't mean you gotta save them." She brushed off his worry for her, but she now remembered. "He had always been like that." She thought to herself. Before she could think of the why however; she remembered where they were.

"Cred, you're on point." They moved like an assault group now as they carried Ateria. They both had hidden reasons to protect their cargo.

The Nirashti vessel powered up as it hull bent light around itself. It's weapons pelted the towers one by one. Turning slightly it locked an energy weapon on a target. It's green blue blast ripped from the tip vessel and impacted a depot of stored fuel. A large eruption began to cascade.

The vessel erupted as its engines roared. The occupants slumped in their chairs. Like angered monster the vessel screamed into space.

In another instance- the ship had now jumped into Faster than Light speed. There was another flash as the ship bent space around them and folded space. This was the fastest speed a vessel could fly at. This technology was owned only by the filthy rich.

The doors to Adara's vessel sprung open as it completed its landing cycle. In the doorway Zephyr full of happiness and delight smiled and watched her family gather to welcome her back.

Their home was more of a bunker than a house. But it was well gardened.  In amongst the crowd many faces mingled. That of her father. Mother and her grandfather. "Welcome back Commander." Nector spoke over the voices. Showing respect the room became quiet and parted. Zephyr ran to the arms of her Grandfather. "Thank you being here." She said loud enough for only him to hear.

Removing his helmet his young face smiled. "Anything for you." He said those three words. As he did so he though of the reason why. Why he had to send 4000 men looking for his granddaughter. Why they chose her? Why most of those men never came back? He frowned and held her small frame in his large arms.

Looking around he raised her hand and the large crowd clapped in happiness. Cred watched on from a quiet corner of the home. While the family cheered and celebrated he only snacked On small morsels of food. He seemed to swallow a sadness or guilt with every. Little. bite.