• eleven •

A week has passed since that last little situation with Cedric, and I haven't gotten the courage to talk casually to him ever since that day. When we both cross each others paths in the corridors, we would often narrow both our eyes away from one another avoiding tight gazes.

I would find an excuse to busy myself with my friends, just to not meet eyes with him. But it was getting harder every time I do it. I often saw him laughing with his friends, and I couldn't help but take a quick glance at his glee, and when I did, a silly smile finds itself growing on my lips.

Dahlia often questions this, and I just answer with a shrug. Yet, on the other hand, Zachary knows this, minding that I do it when golden boy is around. But I just smack his back to keep his mouth from slipping out the information.

~

We were seating at the Great Hall that time, for dinner time. Zachary and I were seated at the Slytherin waiting for Dahlia and Chloe.

"What in the world is happening to me!?" I groaned as I buried my face on the palm of my hands. "I'm really sorry Elaine, but I don't really know what to say to you right now, I'm not good at this things, minding I'm a boy.." Zachary stated, patting my back as he giggled. I sighed, and stared ahead blankly.

"Why don't you finally tell Dahlia and Chloe, for you know. Girls advice.." he said. I never really considered telling the girls, since I didn't want to stress them at something as little as this.

"Not a chance, anyway it's not like this is something big." I protested.

"Not that big!? Elaine, you're in love!" Zachary exclaimed, I almost choked on the potato I was eating by those words. I hit his shoulders lightly.

"Shut up! I'm not in love for merlin's sake!" I quickly denied, as Zachary rolled his eyes on me.

"Your just telling yourself that because you can't accept the fact that you are." he said, now it was my time to roll my eyes at him.

I'm not in love. Right? Am I? I don't know! I never been in love before! Ughhh! This is making my head ache.

"Whatever." I muttered, diverting my attention at the Gryffindor table. I haven't talked to Harry and Ron since they rode that freaki'n car to hogwarts.

I started to wonder how they didn't got entangled with trouble yet. Trouble is always following Harry's tail, and it's hard to cut it off from the boy who lived.

Hermione isn't around there either, the only ones I could spot are the two goofy ginger heads, Neville and somewhat other lion students.

Harry, Ron, Hermione and even Ginny weren't around to sight.

Oh, this is bad. Really bad.

Dahlia along with Chloe entered the hall, and immediately made their way to us once they set foot inside.

"What took you guys long?" I asked them as Dahlia sat beside me, and Chloe sat beside Zachary across us.

"We made a little pep talk with your little sweet Lovegood." Dahlia said giving a wink in Zachary's direction.

"Oh my merlin." Zachary muttered under his breathe, as he covered his face with his hands, and his ears turning pink. The three girls burst out chuckling.

"What did you say!?" Zachary exclaimed.

"Just gave the girl a little hint. And we asked her if she heard the rumours and she said–" Dahlia started, "and?" Zachary asked curiously, one eyebrow raised up.

"she said she did." Dahlia continued.

"Oh merlin no." Zachary muttered, hiding his face with his palms once more. "And what did the girl say about it?" I asked curiously, Zachary's eyes pop open and was also interested about the answer.