• seventeen •

I made my way to the Great Hall, for the last feast of my second year, sparing Dahlia, Chloe, and Zachary with the story.

In the end, they looked at me in complete awe.

"That's totally barbaric!" Chloe exclaimed, and I chuckled.

I saw Harry standing by the doors of the Great Hall, so I bid goodbye to my friends and made my way over him, surprising him with a hug.

"Your finally back!" I cheered and he laughed. Harry's been on the hospital wing after the incident. He was ordered to leave so they could cure back the petrifieds.

"Do you think Hermione's okay?" Harry asked anxiously and I smiled, placing a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"Of course, she is. Hermione's a strong girl. Now let's go inside." I exclaimed and he nodded.

We entered the hall, that was still beautifully lit till now. I glance around and waved at my three friends at the Slytherin table, who vigorously also waved at me.

I found my eyes trailing over the Hufflepuff's table in search of the familiar face. Only to find Cedric already staring at me with a smile.

I beamed at him and he chuckled, releasing a fluttering feeling inside my stomach.

I looked back ahead and started off the Gryffindor table with Harry, and we sat next to Ron.

"It's been a wonderful year, hasn't it?" I murmured, looking around in joy.

"Look! It's Hermione!" Neville exclaimed and the three of us whipped our heads to the doorway, only to see Hermione beaming at us.

"She's alright!" I said, as we began to stood up.

Hermione came running up to us, and we patiently waited with open arms. Hermione engulfed Harry in a hug, then me.

"You're alright!" I muttered joyously and she chuckled. We pulled away and she turned to Ron, and was about to hug him but stopped, before deciding to just shake hands awkwardly.

I huffed and looked over at Harry who was watching the scene unfold, smugly. And he glance at me with a victorious smirk.

We both bet on it for 10 galleons that Hermione and Ron was going to get together, while Harry denied they won't because Ron was dumb into leading Hermione in.

I'm almost losing 10 galleons here Ron!

"It's not over yet.." I scowled and Harry chuckled.

"May I have your attention please?" Professor McGonagall said, and I took it as my cue to sit back to my own house table, after bidding them goodbye of course!

I made my way over Dahlia and sat next to her across Zach and Chloe.

Professor Dumbledore smiled  and stood up his seat.

"First off, I would like to thank Professor Sprout and Madam Promfey in providing the mandrakes on healing back those who were petrified."

Everyone in the hall clapped and cheered at the two staffs in the teachers table, who were both smiling slyly.

"And in light of recents events, as a school treat, all exams have been cancelled!"

The hall filled with an even louder applause, but nothing could compare to Zachary who was basically screaming. But Hermione seemed to drop her head mumbling an oh no.

The whole room fell silent as a huge man entered.

"Hagrid!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Sorry, I'm late!" Hagrid said. "The owl that delivered my release papers got lost and all confused. Some ruddy bird called Errol."

I looked over at Ron, who was shrinking himself under his seat in embarrassment.

Hagrid stopped by Harry, Ron, and Hermione's table and smiled down at them.

"Uh— I should that yer Harry, Ron, and Hermione of course! If it wasn't for you, I would've been.." Hagrid rambled.

"There's no Hogwarts without you, Hagrid." Harry exclaimed and hugged him. Hagrid shred a tear as he turned to me, and smiled brightly.

"And Elaine, of course! I should thank ye too!" Hagrid said and I laughed.

"You're welcome, Hagrid. Welcome back!" I yelled over and everyone around clapped and applauded.

The Slytherins gazed at me with disgust, but I couldn't care less. Dahlia, Chloe, and Zach were chuckling as they clapped.

Yep, its been a good year.

I gazed over the Hufflepuff table and saw Cedric looking at me adoringly. When we met eyes, he flushed slightly before giving me an awkward wave, and a warm smile.

I giggled before waving at him too. I sat back down, only to see my three Slytherin friends grinning smugly at me.

"What?" I asked confusedly.

"Ten sickles if they'd be together by next year." Dahlia gambled turning to Zach and Chloe.

"What!?" I choked out.

"Deal! But I say they'd be a couple in fourth year!" Zachary bid, and Dahlia nodded.

"Alright, deal!" she exclaimed.

"How about twenty sickles if Elaine kisses Cedric goodbye in the cheek at the station." Chloe bet.

"Oh, your on!" Dahlia said, and I rolled my eyes at them. Why is my love story something they can bet on?

I took another glimpse over the canary yellow table and saw Cedric laughing along with his friends.

But if you ask me, I'd think I'll be okay with dating him...