• twelve •

The feast ended and everyone sprinted out of the Great Hall one by one. Me and my friends went with the pack of Slytherins towards the common room. While the two girls kept nudging me on the shoulders and kept teasing me with any name they could think of.

And oh merlin! Zachary was right about Dahlia giving advices that I don't particularly need.

I mean I just like him! Just like. Nothing else. I just admired him that's all! What's so hype about it that she feels the need to give me relationship advice!?

All students with emerald green robes were heading back to the dungeons, but as we took a turn in a corridor.

I sense something wrong. And there was.

There were words that were written in the wall, what's worst? It's blood!

I quickly ran up front, shoving Malfoy out of the way and met the shivering eyes of Harry in front. Of course! It's Harry! I knew something was going to happen the moment I didn't see him at dinner!

When I scanned the letters written, it read:

"The Chambers of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the heir, beware."

On the corner I saw Mrs. Norris hanged, unconscious. As excessive blood were dripping down the wall. I gasp at the sight as other Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, and Ravenclaws who collided in the corridor also did so.

Draco read the words written on the walls before mumbling, "You'll be next, mudbloods!", looking at the trio.

I looked at Harry's trembling terrified eyes as if he was scared he might be wrongly accused. He looked at me and shook his head vigorously, I looked at Hermione and Ron behind him who was also shaking their heads at me. Telling me that this wasn't their doings.

I believed them. I always do.

I nodded my head before I made my way to the terrified Harry who was now being stared at by the other students around.

I grabbed his hand and whispered, "Harry what happened!?"

"I don't know, I was just– just following a voice and I– was led here." he mumbled, his words being cut off every time he speaks.

"Elaine, believe me! I didn't do this! I don't know what happened! Please believe me Elaine..." Harry pleaded, looking at me with plea in his eyes.

"I believe you, Harry.." I muttered as I hugged him after shortly being interrupted by the voice of Professor McGonagall, "What on earth is–"

She gasp and her eyes laid on Harry, then to me, Hermione and Ron then back to Harry.

"It wasn't me, Professor I swear–" Harry started, and before he could finish Dumbledore, Snape and a couple of other professors arrived at the scene.

They read the blood written to the walls, and their eyes darted to Harry.

Oh merlin! It's always Harry!

Murmurs started to file up from students mouths, like

"Chambers of Secrets?"

"Enemies of the heir?"

"Beware?"

"What?"

Dumbledore silenced them and ordered everyone to go to bed. Everyone excepts the four of us. Merlin, save us.

"Mrs. Norris!" Mr. Filch cried out as he looked away at the body of his cat hanged down.

Dumbledore walked towards the hanged cat, and scanned it before turning to the depressed looking Filch.