• eighteen •

I pulled my trunk over the massive crowd of students, and put it on the train before sighing.

"Been a good year Elaine?" a deep voice said from behind me.

I turned around and beamed at Hagrid, before tackling him with a big hug.

"I'm glad your back, Hagrid.." I mumbled and he chuckled, as we pulled away, the Gryffindor trio approached us.

"We'll see you soon Hagrid.." Ron exclaimed and the giant nodded.

"Have fun with your summer guys!" I beamed, as Ron and Hermione smiled, but Harry scoffed.

"Yeah, like that would ever happened.."

I look at him sympathetically, before bursting out into fits of laughter.

"Trust me, Harry. I'll snatch you out that household just like Ron did, and now permanently." I declared and the two boys laugh while Mione shook her head.

"Get your Hogsmeade slip signed!" I reminded and they all nodded, before walking inside the train.

I took in the view of the Hogwarts castle for the last time before I heard a sigh beside me. I whipped my head and saw Harry gazing fondly at the castle too.

I thought he went back in the train already?

But fair enough, he's about to go home, not sure he even considered one, and go through torture.

"Don't worry, Harry. Summer will end before you even know it, and we'll be back at Hogwarts!" I remarked and he faintly smiled.

"Yeah, and another year of adventure that puts our life in danger.." he commented sarcastically and I laughed.

"Well, what's life without a little fun?" I shrugged and he smiled.

I spotted Cedric putting his luggage inside the train and I smiled.

"You coming?" Harry asked, as he started inside the Hogwarts Express.

"I'll catch up!" I waved off and he shrugged before going in and I approached Cedric.

"Hey, good year for you?" I asked, surprising him a bit as he jumped slightly. He looked at me and chuckled.

"It would've. If it wasn't with all those attacks.." Cedric remarked and I couldn't help but snort.

"Yeah, it's always a thrilling year.."

"Where are you spending your summer?" he asked.

"No where in particular, probably just stay at the house, play Quidditch, or visit my friends.." I shrugged.

"Reminds me, you should try out for your Quidditch house team!" Cedric remarked and I shook my head.

"Flint doesn't take girls in the team.." I stated and he crinkled his nose up in disapproval.

I laughed and looked at him.

"What?"

"That doesn't make sense, we have girls on our team and we play perfectly." he exclaimed.

"Yeah, you could've if your team weren't so soft to stop and apologize when you bump on the other teams broom." I snorted and he rolled his eyes.

"That's called kindness! Anyway we're gonna beat your house on this year.." he declared.

"Let's see where that gets you. Dream on, Diggory." I scoffed and he huffed.

"Oh, I will."

We held eye contact for awhile before bursting out into laughter.

"Maybe if you'll take a visit at Diagon Alley, I'll treat you for some ice cream.." Cedric nudge my shoulder playfully, wiggling his eyebrows to which I lightly laughed at.

"Arranged. August 25th?" I said and he smirked.

That smirk that literally makes your knees go weak!

"August 25th it is.."

We entered the train and talked about how we would spent our summer. Cedric was really a nice guy to talk to. With his reputation and image as a golden boy, he was really casual with talking or even used to it.

I often found myself dazing, mainly focusing at how happily he talks than to the topic of what he's talking.

He's really intriguing.

And it made my heart leapt out of my chest.

We separated deciding to find our friends and said our goodbyes as we searched each compartments for my friends.

I didn't see Dahlia, Chloe and Zach anywhere but I did saw Harry, Ron and Hermione in one compartment.

I slide open the door and they looked at me with wide smiles to which I also beamed at.

"Good year, isn't it?" I muttered and flop down the seat next Hermione.

Ron scoffed.

"Yeah, if it there wasn't a basilisk rooming around the castle trying to petrify muggleborn and your sister being abducted by the younger self of a dark wizard." he said sarcastically and we all laughed.

As we began to talk about the crazy things that happened all in one in our second year.

It was a long year. A very long one...

~
________________________

sorry for updating so long😭

I hope u didn't forgot about this story😁

-pearlyy🌙