Prompt 16: Its Time!

Trigger Warning: Pregnancy, I guess??🤔

Y/L/N: Your Last Name.
______

The past few months had been nothing but exhilarating and a little bewildering.

The nursery was ready, all baby essentials had recently been stocked.
Now the only integral part for which all the preparations had been done would be here anytime soon.

Harry had been staying at home lately being of any and every help he could to Y/N while anticipating the arrival of the new member of the family.

Was it a girl or a boy?
They didn't know. They wanted to be surprised.

Y/N was equally eager for the bundle of joy. She had formed a peaceful connection with her baby that was growing and developing within her, which she had been taking care of since the past 9 months.

Being careful at every step, eating healthy foods, cutting her intake of any form of caffeine or sodas or unhealthy foods.
She had been exercising better and appropriate to her trimester.

She had started loving herself.

Although she had put on a some pregnancy weight, she didn't see herself as any less of a person or a woman. She loved and appreciated her body even more since she understood quite well that she was accomodating a baby within her that would pop out any second.

Harry, as always, fell in love with her a little more everyday, showering her with feathery kisses, massaging her feet and ankles to relieve the discomfort and other small gestures that meant so much to the both of them.

They were after all going to be parents.

Morning went by swiftly as they cooked together in the kitchen, baked pie and saw a romatic comedy on Netflix.

A little later they went up to thier room. Harry laid down for a quick afternoon nap not before making Y/N comfortable on the bed with pillows as she sat to read a book.

Moments passed and in a jiffy she felt contractions begin. It wasn't anything new to her.

Braxton Hicks occured from time to time and would also disappear on its own too.

She thought nothing of it and decided to continue reading her book.

A minute later the contractions hit her again, this time a little more intense.

Maybe it was time to go?
She scrunched her face as discomfort spread through her.

She started taking a in slow deep breath when another pang of contraction hit her, way more intense than the last one.

Her fingers clenched the pillow laying next to her and she let out a whimper.

It was time.

She laboriously tapped Harry on his arm to wake him up.
Harry, who had been sleeping with one eye open as the days passed, quickly woke up and turned towards her.

Her face scrunched up in pain gave him the cue.

He mildly touched her face
"It'll be fine, love. You're brave. I love you and our baby."

Saying that he kissed her over the forehead.

Next, he ran towards the wardrobe and grabbed the ready-to-go bag with all the baby and mother essentials pre packed. He hung it over his shoulders, slid his phone and wallet in his pocket and raced towards Y/N.

Now in intense discomfort, tears had started rolling down her face as she held on to the pillows for support by cluching onto it.

In a swift but careful movement Harry picked Y/N up in his arms and gently went downstairs and out.

She had leaned into him tired of fighting the contractions, with her face and neck now drenched in sweat and tears.

As soon as the chauffeur saw them coming he took the bags from Harry so he could support and hold her in a far better way and position.

Once in, the chauffeur sped off to the hospital.

"I'm scared Harry."
Y/N spoke up in an exhausted manner.

"I know love, i know. I am too. But just a while more and we'll be bringing in a new life into the world, our child. You're strong
Y/N, stronger than I can ever be."
He smiled at her seeing her smile a bit through the pain and discomfort while biting down on her lips to refrain from crying out loud.

By the time he had made a few important calls and comforted her by letting her dig in her nail onto his hand when in pain, patting her head, brushing her hair with his fingers and cleaning her face off the sweat, and speaking positive words to her, they had reached the hospital.

The gurney was readied and she was gently laid on it while the nurses wheeled it to a room. A section of the hospital had been secured for her delivery.
Afterall, it was a Styles-Y/L/N baby.

Her gynaecologist and a pediatrician were already there waiting.

After a bit of checking here and there, making sure her vitals were proper which they were.

By that time, her discomfort had increased 10 times. Harry held her hand and she squeeze it so tight it left the hand a little more sore each time.

After further checking by the gynaec, they decided to go for a cesarean given the fact that she was in tons of discomfort and dilated way to little to push a baby through.

Soon enough they were preparing her for the surgery.
Everything was going in a whirl around them. Doctors and nurses coming in and goingout, so on and so forth.

Moments later a regional anesthesia was administered and the procedure to bring the baby to the world had initiated.
______

"Its a girl!"
Said a voice.

A sense of relief, joy and pride permeated the beings of Y/N and Harry.

The baby was quickly cleaned and Y/N patched up, soon after which the very pretty baby girl was put on her chest and as she held her for the first time, tears of joy blocked her vision and she burst into a quiet chuckle.

Harry, wound a hand around Y/N while gently and lightly placing another hand over the baby.

It was a picture perfect scene.
A new beginning in the Styles household.