Prompt 4: Headlines

Warning: This imagine consists of a couple of swears.

"Y/N, Harry Styles girlfriend spotted with Zayn Malik!"

Stated the headlines.

As if Harry wasn't already frustrated by a day on tour gone wrong, the headline was surely adding up to his annoyance.

Is she cheating on me?

He thought, as he swept his hand through his hair, shuffling it a bit before smoothening it out.

Reading the headline made him feel a tinge of betrayal. Subconsciously he knew he was about to do the wrong thing, nonetheless he did it, headless of the consequences that he may have to bear.

He picked up his iPhone, typed in your name and pressed the call icon.
His eagerness to speak to you was increasing by ever ring that went by unanswered.

On the 5th ring you picked the call.

"Hey babe!"

You responded cheerfully unaware of what was to come ahead. However all you got from the other end was silence.

"Are you there Haz?"

"Were you with Zayn today?"
Harry finally spoke.

"Yeah, We had a day out! It was fun!"
And before you could speak any further you were bombarded onto with statements that hurt you beyond explanation and expectation.

"I am gone just for 2 months and you're having fun with someone else! Do you f**king know what the papers are saying about us! It's all over the media, they saw you with him! Are you cheating on me with him Y/N, because honestly if that's the case, I'm done!"

"Say something damnit Y/N!"

Muffled crying followed by silence from the other side and a beeping sound indicated that you had hung up on the call, rather disappointedly.

Harry let out a sad sigh, realising that he had directed his anger in the wrong direction.
He knew the media would twist and turn any story or photograph captured to give their readers some gossip to talk about, inturn keeping their ratings high.

He realized, now in all consciousness that he shouldn't have burst out in anger. He know you weren't at fault neither would you cheat on him, ever.

He was messed up. He had messed up.
Especially after the last sentence he spoke.

.
.
.

"I need to go home."
Harry spoke to his manager in a manner too sombre for it to even feel like he's being himself.

"Harry, we're in the midst of the most important leg of our tour. Whatever it is, I'm sure it can wait."

"It can't." He said, his tone beginning to fill with irritation.

His manager sighed.

This was a rather strange demand, thought the manager. Harry had always been a professional and this came quite as a surprise.

"We have a 3 day break starting 11pm tonight. I'll book your tickets and you can leave after tonight's show. You have to return the day after tomorrow. No excuses."

"Thank you so much, you're the best manager, man."

The manager grinned and Harry had finally been relieved. The guilt and self loath for having spoken to you in such a manner had been eating him up alive ever since. He had to do something to make this right.
A phone call wouldn't help much, you may not even pick up the phone.
He decided the best thing to do was to apologize personally.

After completing the day's concert, he quickly packed a pair of clothing in a haversack, took his essentials and left.

It was around 5:30 in the morning that he arrived at the plush apartment you two shared. He quietly opened the door with his set of keys.

The apartment was comfortably silent his hour.

He however, feared facing you. He was embarrassed of his previous outburst and felt a wave of guilt wash over him.

"Who's there?"
Said a meek voice that belonged to you as you showed up from the room, hair disheveled, tear stained face. You looked horrible. Broken.

As soon as you saw it was him, you turned around going back into the room and closed the door behind you.

Realising what had happened, Harry quickly put his belongings on the ground next to him before following you.

He silently clicked the door open. You were curled up in your bed sobbing. Your had taking the conversation too much to heart and why wouldn't you?

Seeing you like this broke his heart.
He was shaken up. His wobbly feet led him to the bed where he sat down with a thud. He buried his face in his hands letting the sadness wash him over again. After gaining some composure, he laid down beside you taking your hand into his, entangling his fingers with yours.

"What wrong with you, Harry!"
You shrieked separating your hand from his as you sat up from your previous position, he followed suit.

Make it right!

"I'm sorry Y/N.."
He gave her a heartfelt apology.

"Do you even know how lonely it is here when you are out on tour for months at a stretch?"

Your eyes boring straight into his.

"Yes, I was out with Zayn, we had a sumptuous lunch, went bowling, shoping, a conversation over coffee and he later dropped me home. That was all that happened."

Ashamed at his behaviour, Harry couldn't meet your eyes. He knew he overreacted.

"You know, video calls, phone calls are fine but can you imagine how difficult it is for me to be apart from you?"

After getting no response from him you snickered and continued.

"I know you're stressed while on tour hence I keep some stuff to myself so that you wouldn't have things piling up on you and we could speak about it when you're back, like we always do, but I needed to talk to someone about what happened when you were gone. I couldn't help but think about Zayn, he gives the best sane advices, while you are not around, you know."

He furrowed his eyebrows trying to follow what you said with careful attention and spoke

"Love, what happened while I was gone?"

"I was fired and it wasn't me fault."

"Oh god, love I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you went through it, I'm so so sorry!"
He came forward, closing the distance between you two and took you into a bear hug.
He was warm, you felt good to be back in his arms.

"I'm so sorry about all that I said to you. I was having a rough day and the headlines added the fuel to it. I shouldn't have said anything that I did."

"Yeah, you shouldn't have."
You said poking at his abs and he stifled a giggle.

"I'd never cheat on you Haz, you know that."

Ah! The elephant in the room had finally been addressed.
He knew that was coming up.

"I know, I was out of my mind and frustrated when I said that. I didn't mean it. I'm sorry."

"It's Okay. I'm hungry."

"Hi hungry, I'm Harry!"

Your laughter filled the room.
The laughter that he missed so much.

"Let's get you something to eat, Hungry."
He said in good humour as her carried you in his arms out of the bed.

"Harry!"
You complained as he mocked you once again.

THANK YOU!

Likes and comments appreciated.
Constructive feedback welcomed.