Prompt 22: No Sweets!?

Request: Harry diagnosed with Diabetes and he's afraid of needles. A Larry Stylinson imagine.
Basically, borderline sick fic with some humor. 
Thank you for giving me this request. It was different than the ones I had written before! 

Trigger Warning:  Needles, panic, hyperventilation, mention of medical symptoms, Mentions of Blood, Diabetes. 

-----

Being the very observant and cautious person that he was, Louis had noticed subtle changes in Harry's behavior. 

His appetite had increased to a considerable extent and his intake of water had gone up a notch. He had been feeling lightheaded too, but dismissed it as exertion and fatigue. He wouldn't have seen these as Indications to worry if he hadn't come across an article a couple of days ago. 

Had he been ignorant, they wouldn't have been sitting in the doctor's room waiting for him. 

"I'm telling you, its nothing!" whined Harry, a frown upon his face. 
"Please don't fight what I am saying. I have checked up the symptoms on the net and even read an article about it the other day. I just want to be sure you are not at risk. Please!" Louis explained him with a concerned look on his face. He loved him to much to not get him tested for something this important, no matter how much he denied it! 

"Okay so if the net says headache can be a symptom of tumor would you really go and get me checked up for that and I perpetually get headaches, Louis!" Scowled Harry.

"You what!" Louis shouted in disbelief.

Before Louis could say any further the doctor walked in and Harry thanked his stars for a timely save.

"Alright, Good morning men. What seems to be the problem?" The doctor asked seating himself opposite them.

"Okay, so here's my partner, Harry. I have noticed since a couple of days that he has been eating a lot more than his usual and has been drinking a lot of water too! Once or twice he has complained of feeling lightheaded as well." Louis explained to the doctor what he had observed. 

The doctor nodded with a knowing expression on his face. 
"Have you got the test done, yet?" the doctor asked.
"No I don't want to get tested!!" Harry sprung up from his chair in worry.
You need to get tested, Mr. Styles. It is important." He looked at Harry who was still standing, fear almost visible on his face.

The doctor then looked at Louis expectantly while Louis gave him an assuring  nod. Harry saw the wordless exchange and pitched in. 
"Don't even think of getting a needle jabbed in my arm!" Harry warned him.

"Mr. Styles why don't you sit down. This is not just about drawing a bit of blood. If not controlled in time, you may have to take insulin injections on a daily basis which we don't want happening, right?" The doctor gave him a logical explanation. 

"Daily injections? This is ridiculous!!" His fear of needles had now got the best of him, he had started hyperventilating. Seeing his state Louis spoke up with a tinge of panic in his voice.
"Doctor, we need some space, please." The doctor nodded and excuse himself out of the room. 

Louis got closer to a hyperventilating Harry who had seated on his chair again, his head was covered by his hands as he breathed heavily and beads of perspiration trailed down the side of his face. Louis kneeled down next to him. 

"Harry, breathe. come on match my breathing." He said starting a breathing pattern that Harry, after a little resistance, mimicked. A couple of minutes later once his breathing had become a little stable, Louis unfolded his kerchief and wiped away any signs of perspiration from his face. 

"Here, better." He paused before he spoke again. "I am with you Harry. Its just one little prick to make sure you're alright. I know you are afraid of needles and it is okay to be afraid. I will be with you all the time, you can do this. You don't have to look at the needle, just look at me, okay?" Louis said with utmost sincerity and patience. After a bit of contemplation, Harry agreed. Louis got up from his kneeled position as Harry got up from his chair and they headed out where the doctor was.

"We're ready for the test." Louis said holding Harry's hand, fingers entwined. 
"That's good. Mr. Styles, I didn't mean to scare you back there with the daily injections talk, I just wanted you to know that if that's the case, it is better to get on medications as soon as possible than wait a little longer where the damage can't be taken care of." Explained the doctor while Harry stood there nodding and squeezing Louis' hand which he immediately reciprocated. 

--Time skip--

The next day Harry was reluctantly ready for the blood test. The 8-12 hour fasting had been completed and he was practically starving to the point where his stomach was making growling sounds. 

"Okay, now try and be calm, mimic my breathing and look at me. It will be alright. kay?" Asked Louis. Harry nodded and gulped in fear but none the less did as he said. 

He fisted his hand as the Phlebologist asked him to while as he put a band on his upper arm, checked a vein and finally readied the needle. 

Harry had his eyes clenched as soon as he knew what was  going to happen. All his resolve to look at louis, copy his breathing pattern and be calm had disappeared. He knew he was going to feel the pain, the prick that he dreaded. His mind raced and his breathing had become erratic again. He craned his neck the other side, to get away as far as he could from the sting, almost ready to get up and run. But a moment later he felt no sting or prick of any sort. All he felt was a light, feathery kiss on his cheek. His eyes flew open and then he was lost. Lost in the beautiful, sea green eyes of his partner. Those eyes that he had fallen for initially, before he know him in entirety. 

"Did it hurt?" Louis asked as merely a whisper.
"Did what hurt?" Harry replied, barely audible. 
"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven, Princess?" He rolled his eyes but continued
"God, Harry. Did it hurt when he drew blood?" Hearing this Harry quickly jumped to his feet
"Who drew blood!?" He looked at his arm and realized he was too lost to even know when the test was done. A smirk played on Louis' lips as he looked at an aghast Harry. 

"It didn't hurt." Harry mumbled and pouted. "But never again!" he continued with a shout. A hearty laughter escaped Louis' lips and Harry smiled looking at his beloved laughing. 

--Time skip--

They were back at the doctor's who was going to let them know the future course of action. 

"Mr. Styles, you do have a little borderline Diabetes. Just a few changes to your lifestyle and you will be almost as good as you were before." The doctor showed them a few charts and recommended a few changes. 

"You also have to cut down on sweets. I'm not saying don't have any, ever. Just a little reduction of it would do wonders for you." The doctor suggested. 
"No Sweets!" Harry almost screamed and then pouted, folding his hands across his chest while Louis rolled his eyes once again, second time in a day. 

-----

That's all, folks!