Part 1: Chapter 1

White

"All children are different..yet so similar."

The Great Deku Tree thought as he saw children beneath him play around in pure innocence. As they were supposed to.

The Kokiri race. They were human beings who always stayed as children. Their forest wasn't a huge one, but it was definitely enough to call their home.

Small treehouses were built for them to live in, either in groups or alone.

As the Great Deku Tree heard all of them, he had his eyes on two special kids.

~

"(Y/N)! We're going to get in trouble!" The boy shouted. "Shh! Run once he gets scared!" You said. "What will you be this time?" He asked.

"A rat..? Mido deserves it anyway." You responded. The boy was amazed at your transformation to a rat. "I never understand how you do that-" He hid behind a table and watched from above.

You slowly crawled to the kid near you, thinking it was Mido. Tickling his skin, you were surprised to see it wasn't him. Both you and the random boy shouted at the same time.

You turned and saw the boy you were with just now run away. Chasing after him, you two hid in a bush. "Link! You were supposed to take me with you!"

"I know! But I could've gotten caught first! At least you have a disguise, I don't!" He argued back. "You're right now we have to-"

"Aha!!"

You quickly jumped into Link's hands as he caught you.

"The weirdo with a- A RAT?!" Said a ginger. "Mido.."

Mido pulled Link out of the bush. "Everytime..you get creepier!!" He shouted with the ugliest face.

"Leave them alone!" A girl approached the scene. "Saria!" Link smiled.

"His rat! That thing bit me!" Mido started pretending to got hurt when everyone knew it was fake. "She didn't! She wouldn't even touch you at all!" Link shouted back.

"Yeah- Mido just-"

Mido always disliked Link for being close with Saria, who was his crush..I suppose. He pushed Link which caused you accidentally fall and hit your head.

"(Y/N)!!" Link got on the floor.

Everyone noticed. "(Y/N)..?"

Unconsciously, you transformed back into human. No one knew you were a shapeshifter, except for Link.

Everyone panicked as Link asked the Great Deku Tree for help.

'Take her to rest. She'll be alright..'

He said.

~

You and Link have been friends since diapers. Just magically, you two were best friends. Saria took care of you. She was always so kind. The most kind around here. The Great Deku Tree was the closest thing the children had as a father figure. Well..he only watched over their safety.