Part 2: Chapter 8

There's only one place

You and Link were introduced to someone new. His name was Brone. He was your age, Link's height.

Brown haired and brown eyed. He was cute.

Half-shapeshifter, half-hylian.

Brone was really shy, but very kind. "Hi!" He smiled brightly. "I saw your fight..you were really, and I mean, really amazing! And-" He faced Link. "You! The way you went through the beasts arm with the sword!! It was all too much for me!! Free entertainment!" He laughed.

Beside him was a very muscular woman, type Gerudo. "You did great out there, I can't wait to see what you two can do together." She said. "I hear you're half what we both are..!" You told Brone. "Y-yeah! My powers are still really confusing, I'm still training to get them." He looked to the side in embarrassment. "Oh no! It's okay! I lost mine when I was little and they came back a month ago! I have no idea why." You responded, trying to cheer him up.

Brone turned to Link. "I hear you're the legendary hero! You already fought the king of evil? How was it? How was it?!"

"We fought in his tower! Once I defeated him- or..I thought I had!" Brone gasped. "The tower was collapsing, so me and the princess ran all the way down! The tower fell and the king rose from the ground as a huge pig! He threw my sword away from me! I fought my way to get it back. I slashed, slashed and slashed! Then BAM! I stabbed him in the head! It was seriously cool.." Link smirked.

Brone was amazed and suddenly got an idea. "Oh! You should meet my friend!" He pulled someone from a tree. "This is Ainam!"

Black haired and green eyed.

She was also your age. "How many times have I told you not to interrupt me while I'm trying to do something?!?" She screamed at Brone. "Many..but look! She's just like us! and he is like me!" Brone sounded excited. "Charming, but I have things to do." She left.

"No wait!" Brone chased her. You and Link were silent. "I know what you're thinking. I am, too." The muscular woman said. "Name's Duvessa. She's a full shapeshifter, like you..but something sets me off."

"That attitude." Link said to himself.

"I caught her practicing some sort of magic the other day..different magic. I'm a guardian of the ocean and what she was doing was not normal to me." She said.

"It was magic hylians were up against before they ended up on land..We guess that might be the reason why she's 'best friends' with Brone." Cecillo came in saying.

"I fear she may be up against something big now that you two are here. Brone doesn't have his power yet but you two do. That's an advantage for her." Duvessa looked back.

"There's a spring nearby. She goes there every night. That spring hold a strong aura..I would know.." Cecillo said. "What do you mean?" Link questioned. "Before that spring formed, there was a tower..actually a civilization. Some gang attacked everyone, including the tower and the village houses, leaving me and Adofo left alive. That tower held magic dwellers, I never knew a lot, but by what Adofo told me, those magic dwellers were always suspicious. After the spring formed, I never got close to it.." Cecillo responded, looking down.

You and Link were left with that information.

Duvessa went back to her part of the ocean once it became night.

Everyone slept. You were still awake.

Standing up slowly, you went outside. Someone pulled you back. "(Y/N), don't." Cecillo held your hand. "I have to find answers.." You whispered. "Yes- but, you can get harmed! Please don't..!" She said quietly.

"That spring may look normal but it holds VERY powerful dark magic. It has the spirits of the dead that were killed that day.." She begged. "What if she's there though..?" You asked. "I can keep training you, until then..don't go there!" You and Cecillo went back to bed.

An animal entered the spring and got teleported out of there.

~

Next morning, you were blank. "(Y/N)?"

You turned to see Link next to you. "You haven't eaten, are you alright?" He asked. "Huh? Oh! Yes..! I'm okay, my head just gets really cloudy." You responded. For some reason, you had an uneasy feeling about this.

After eating, you and Link walked together. "Last night, I wanted to spy on Ainam to see what she would do, but Cecillo stopped me. She said it was dark magic and that I shouldn't get near.."

"You should listen to her. I mean, she knows right? It's best to be safe than sorry, (Y/N)." Link said. "I know! But I can't help it!"

For the whole day, you were angry because you did nothing. Link chuckled. "You look adorable like that."

"Yeah, uh-huh."

~

Once it became night, you couldn't sleep. Standing up, you were stealthy. Checking by the edge of a wall, your eyes widen.

"Link..!" You shook him up. "Link.."

He slowly woke up. "What..?"

"That's why she didn't want me getting near..! She's right there. With the dark magic."

Link checked and gasped quietly. "You're right.." You rubbed your head. "It seems..Adofo doesn't know.."