Part 2: Chapter 9

Somnium

"Along time ago, shapeshifter's used special magic that only worked against hylians back when they were at war."

"So..can she use this magic?" He asked.

"She's a mix of two kinds of the strongest shapeshifters, she can DEFINITELY use this magic with ease." She responded, holding a book. "The problem is.." She kept going. "She hasn't waken up. Impa has been sensing different things while (Y/N)'s asleep. It's possible she may be dreaming.."

"Dreaming? Of what?" Link asked. "If there's anywhere we can find how to investigate her, it's in here.." Princess Zelda was in front of him.

"Is there anyone we can find that can help us?"

"The only shapeshifter we know is (Y/N). Unless, we create something similar to her.." Zelda thought for a second. "No way! I'm not getting that weirdo scientist near her!" Link shook his head. "Don't even think about it! He made me drink a nasty drink the first and last time I saw him!"

Zelda closed the book and placed it somewhere safe. "It's the only chance, Link." She said, calmly. "Well alright. Only for (Y/N)!"

"Only for (Y/N)."

~

The scientist from Lake Hylia laughed maniacally. "No project of mine has ever failed!! Never! You can trust me on this!" He smiled. Link turned to see a bunch of articles of the scientist with markings all over them that proved his studies were incorrect.

"This isn't an octorok or..a shark. It's a human." Link stated. "What?!"

The scientist prepared all of his equipment. "Let's talk on our way!"

"A human, hm? Explain what you want me to do because it's very confusing!" He suggested.

"Okay. It's my friend, she's been unconscious for a while now. We don't know what's exactly going on in her mind. The princess theorizes that she may be dreaming and that's the reason she's not waking up-" Link got interrupted.

"Kid! I'm a scientist, not a mythical being!"

"I-I know! That's why we need you. We're thinking of creating something that's like her with your skills that can hold the power to help get to my friend!" Link walked. "I still don't get you, but I'll try!"

Princess Zelda waiting for Link at Kakariko village. Once he arrived, she had the book from earlier.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

The scientist created a perfect sample of your DNA. Zelda opened the book, finding a text that would recreate what the scientist had in his hands.

Giving light to that text, the DNA turned into a body that grew a face and every feature you had.

"This is creepy!!" The scientist got behind Link.

Your doppelgänger stared at everyone. Zelda closed the book. "We need you. Your power is a great one, we need it for her." She pointed at you.

"Princess, I don't think this is safe." Impa claimed.

~

"You're leaving?" Cecillo stopped you. "Yes, we are." You responded. "I have to find my parents."

"Your parents..?"

~

Your doppelgänger had her eyes closed and was focusing on you. She was seeing everything you were.

"Cecillo." She said. "Link. Adofo. Brone. Ainam. Duvessa." She named every single each of them. "She's creating these false characters to make herself stronger."

~

"Yes, my parents."

"When was the last time you saw them?" She asked. "Back in Kakariko."

"When Dolion was being controlled by them. I couldn't control what I was doing. So at my last moment, I killed him. Leaving a hole in his stomach. That's when they came out. I didn't feel anything due to the amount of adrenaline that went through my body, but I've felt an insane amount of guilt ever since for not being able to save him." You said to Cecillo as your doppelgänger told everyone.

Looking into Cecillo's eyes, she seemed different. "You're making up a story, (Y/N). To cope with that guilt. To make yourself think you're heroic. To make up for what you did to that poor boy."

Everything turned into darkness around you. The only ones around you was Cecillo, Brone, Duvessa and Ainam.

"No!" Your doppelgänger shouted. "You're getting too strong! Is this what you want?" She got out of your head. Giving everyone around her deadly eyes, Zelda apologize.

The poison that was within you a month ago was growing on her. "Knock her out! Last time this happened, (Y/N) couldn't control it! How can she?!" Impa ordered.

With the power you had, you created 4 different people with more power. It was finally time to wake up.