Part 2: Chapter 12

He's still the same courageous boy

You woke up to Din on your face. "Oop! Sorry! He's a little cranky today, I don't know why." Link came in, pulling Din off you.

"It's okay, I needed to wake up either way." You said, getting up. "He's excited to play with you today, (Y/N)." Link smiled and got out.

You washed up and got ready for anything today. Seeing Duvessa approach, you got nervous. "Hello, (Y/N) and Link!" She smiled brightly.

"Hi.."

"Hi ma'am!" Link was as optimistic as always with everyone. A hylian soldier came running to you. "There's a beast at the fields! We can't hold it down!!" You and Link ran out of the village. Duvessa and Din followed you two.

Shapeshifting to hold the beast, Link quickly jumped to slash it in half. Just to see a person inside it. "What's someone doing there?"

Duvessa gasped.

"Take them to Princess Zelda. I'll be right there." Link told the soldiers. Duvessa ran to you. "You're a shapeshifter!? I..am too..and you're with a hylian! With hylians! This is amazing." She hugged you. "Thank the goddesses I wasn't the only one."

~

You played around with Din whilst Link, Zelda and Impa investigated the person inside the beast. "When Link stabbed Duvessa, a black aura was released all around. I think that's impacting the civilians. Spread all soldiers to go around Hyrule to search for more of these..beasts." Zelda commanded.

"Can you spit fire?" You asked Din. He just stared at you with its big eyes. "I'll take that as a no."

Duvessa walked to you, handing a red and white cloth. "This is traditional clothing of our people. We believed in the good of the world. I believed in the good of the world. I don't want you to wear it because after the war, many hated us. I'm sorry, but what our tribe tried to achieve was wrong." She claimed and left. Link came out of the room he was in.

"Link. I'm half hylian."

He quickly turned to look at you. "Serious?!"

"Her lover was a hylian, and I'm their baby." You said, looking emotionless. "I don't know how to tell her..I don't want to."

~

You and Link went on a search around Hyrule for people who could be affected my Duvessa's leftover magic. You couldn't leave Din behind, so you had him on your back.

Out of a sudden, you hear a couple fighting. Their eyes were red. "You lied to me!!" One of them said. "I am sick and tired of you accusing me of nothing!" The other one shouted. They both turned at the same time to look at you slowly.

""Um.." You and Link stayed together.

As they were about to head to you, Duvessa showed up out of nowhere. She defeated them in a second with her shapeshifting.

"This is for all you've done for me, (Y/N). It also seems like you haven't reached your true and final power.." She said. You stuttered. "Follow me."

You nodded at Link.

You followed Duvessa to a little beyond Gerudo valley. Where you met the shapeshifters at first, but it was in ruins.

"This isn't my home, but I gained all of my power here.." Duvessa spread her arms. "Link's ears were almost cut off here." You randomly said.

Taking you a little further was a magical fortress.

"Duvessa, Greatest Warrior of your tribe.."

Said a voice.

"Link, Hero of Time."

"(Y/N)..What are you doing here?"

"What? The voice always introduces anyone who comes here. Why did it question you?"

You were frozen.

The voice turned into a mythical creature flying around all of you. "I'm questioning her because she's hiding something. Many things."

"Gee, am I?" You pretended to be cool.

"Everything you dreamt of is becoming reality, is it not? Brone. Duvessa...Half shapeshifter, half hylian."

"Half hylian?" Duvessa turned to Link. He couldn't look at her. The creature got close. "Your feelings for that boy."

"(Y/N). You're half hylian?"

The creature knocked both Link and Duvessa unconscious. "What?! Why did you do that?!"

"We're here for you. Not for them. Now..stay there." The creature shined light around you.

"My name's Eldin. Pleased to meet you and my little dragon.." Din got off your back to play with Eldin. "You'll be the only one who will receive different training because you're with our hero! I was great allies with his ancestor, such a boy he was. He hasn't changed."

You looked back.

"Your heart is at ease when you're with him, right?" You stayed quiet. "You don't have to answer, I can already sense it. You're waiting for something, too."

"What? Waiting for what?"

"That I can't tell, but you want to be surprised."

Eldin summoned the sword you had. "The sword is powered by the same material the Ocarina of Time was created with. Use it wisely and you'll be strong.."

"Incredible.."

"You and Link can be strong together! Both of you are the best duo I have seen. With both of you strengths, it's likely possible to defeat Brone. Duvessa is powerful, but not enough. With you two in the team, it's god power! But be careful, okay?"

You nodded. The sword got onto your back.

Eldin began twirling his fingers. A red- orange aura surrounded you. It was a power-up.

"This works for the magic Princess Zelda trained you with." He said. "Well, anyways! Farewell!! Come back anytime you need me!!"

He disappeared. Link and Duvessa woke up. You helped Link get on his feet.

"What happened? Did the voice knock us out?" Duvessa asked. "I guess so.." You responded. She wasn't asking anything about the half hylian thing.

Din was following.

Walking on Hyrule Field, Duvessa was at the front. Telling Link what you just experienced so he could understand what you were about to say. "I think Eldin erased that part of her memory."

"You think so?" Link whispered. "I don't know, but I'm scared if she's faking it." You whispered back.

"We better! Head back to Impa." Duvessa suddenly turned, scaring both you and Link.

"Right.."