chapter 18- "the fall"

NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS BREAK

Today was Sunday and I had started packing for Christmas break when I heard a knock on my door. I opened my door to see a familiar blonde standing outside the door.

He smirked and said, "Hey," as he leaned on the side of the door.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion, "What do you want?" I said as he walked into my dorm.

He picked up a pair of underwear off of my bed and put it in my suitcase, "Helping you pack Lloyd."

I took the clothing he put in my suitcase out and said, "I don't need your help."

"Come on Lloyd, it's the least I can do, I owe you," he said.

I gave him a questioning look, "You owe me?" I asked.

"Yes, for agreeing to come to the ball with me. Never in a million years did I expect you to say yes."

I laughed and responded, "Trust me Malfoy, I didn't expect it either".....We continued to talk as he helped me pack for about 25 minutes

When we finished packing he sat on my bed and looked down at all the bags we had packed and questioned me, "God. Didn't know you planned on taking your whole dorm with you."

I scoffed and lightly punched him in the arm. We both laughed. To my surprise, he grabbed me by my waist and lightly pulled me down onto the bed next to him, I gasped and quickly reached down and grabbed into his arms for safety, scared I was going to fall over. "Draco!" I started laughing again.

When I landed on the bed one of his arms was still underneath me. We were both lying down, then we turned to look at each other at the same time. He then pulled me closer to him using his arm that was underneath me. I tensed up and my breathing went shaky. He reached between us and gently grabbed my necklace, the necklace I hadn't taken off since the moment he put it around my neck.

He looked deep into my eyes and put his hand on my cheek, rubbing his thumb lightly across my skin. As we started inching closer and closer, his grip tightened around me. My heart skipped a beat and my stomach felt like it was in a knot. Our lips brushed against each other, I needed to put an end to this, but I didn't want to.

Then, I heard a knock on the door, "Aurora! I wanted to see you before you left," Ginny exclaimed, still standing outside the door. Malfoy and I quickly separated and his eyes went wide as I responded in a flustered state, "Uh, ok. Um just hold on." I looked at Malfoy and then looked around my room, Ginny could not know he was in here. I pointed towards my closet and pushed him towards it.

He whispered, "Is this really necessary?"

I nodded and responded as I closed the door, "Yes! Now shut up."

Once I saw that he was in the closet, I quickly went to open the door. Ginny looked at me in confusion, "Are you ok? You look nervous." I tuck a piece of hair behind my ear as I took a deep breath and replied, "I'm fine. Just a little bit nervous to stay at Hogwarts over the break. I wish I could spend the holidays with you guys."

She glanced around my room and noticed my bags, "Shit" I muttered under my breath. How could I forget to hide those? She looked at me and questioned with suspicion, "What's actually going on?"

I took a deep breath, "What are you talking about?"

She held onto my shoulders, "Aurora, you know you can tell me anything," she said with concern. I glanced towards the closet. I couldn't tell Ginny when he was around.

I looked up at her, "Seriously, it's nothing, Ginny."

She looked at me with a disappointed glare, "Okay, I'll see you at the Burrow," she said softly as she walked out. As soon as she left I exhaled a breath I didn't even notice I was holding in.