chapter 12- "look at me"

"Like what Lloyd? Am I distracting you?" he asked teasingly. "Yes, actually you are Malfoy," I replied, clearly annoyed and done dealing with his antics. Even though I knew I should look away, I just couldn't. As soon as he looked up at me, I immediately put my head down pretending to read. I noticed him inching closer out of the corner of my eye. He took his finger and placed it underneath my chin and proceeded to bring my face as close as possible to his, without touching. I tried to look in the other direction, feeling uncomfortable as he gently whispered, "Look at me Aurora." 

I started breathing heavily, I opened my mouth to respond but I couldn't get the words out of my mouth. Why was he having this effect on me? I finally looked him in the eyes as he proceeded, "See? I don't bite." We sat there for a moment in complete silence, just staring at each other. I started thinking of him in ways I never thought. I always thought of him as my enemy, but he's starting to grow on me. I felt like I couldn't breathe. The longer I looked at him, I noticed all his features. He's not as bad looking as I thought.

DRACO'S P.O.V.

As I looked at her, I realized how gorgeous she truly is. Of course, I always knew she was attractive but I never really took the time to look at her, afraid that I started to develop feelings for her. I've never felt this way. Yeah, I've messed around with girls before but I've never truly developed feelings. I needed to put a stop to this. I don't like feeling like this but it's hard to ignore. I've never truly felt for someone and I don't intend to. I pulled away as she looked down embarrassed.

"In love with me yet?" I said teasingly. She rolled her eyes and replied with, "Shove off."

I decided I've been here long enough and said, "I gotta go." I needed to shake this feeling, whatever it was, I couldn't let anything happen between us. "Um ok tha-" she replied with a confused expression. I left her dorm and headed back to the Slytherin common room. Even though I didn't want to feel this way, I couldn't seem to stop the smile from growing across my face.

ZIA'S P.O.V.

Draco was acting really odd. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I knew I shouldn't, but I think I'm starting to catch feelings. Usually, I'd just reply to his teasing with a sarcastic comment but for some reason, I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth. Ever since I've known Malfoy, he's always called me Lloyd. But, he called me Aurora. It's so dumb and I usually wouldn't care, but there's something about the way he says it that makes my heart skip a beat.