chapter 16- "one condition"

It was nearing Christmas break, and I was not looking forward to it. I was planning on staying at Hogwarts over break but Ron invited Harry and me to the Burrow. Although I was excited to see the Weasleys and loved spending time with them, I missed spending Christmas with my Mom and Dad. My family loved the holidays and we would spend hours baking and listening to muggle Christmas music. I missed those times dearly and Christmas only reminds me of how broken my family is.

All-day all I could think of was Draco. I couldn't believe what happened last night. He said it was no big deal, but he clearly customized the engraving on the back of the necklace, I loved it. Of course, the necklace was beautiful, but that's not why I liked it so much. He actually put thought into the necklace.

When dinner approached, I was surprised to see Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting at our usual spot. Lately, they've been ditching me and I have been forced to sit alone. I smiled and sat down, "What're you guys doing here? You never care to show or inform me what you've been up to for the past month or so," I said with my arms crossed and I devious stare.

Hermione frowned, "I'm sorry, we've just been," she paused and looked at Ron and Harry before continuing, "well, busy. But we're sorry." I nodded, I trusted them. If there was something going on, I knew they would tell me, at least I hope they would.

Hermione observed me and said, "When did you get that necklace? It's beautiful." I was getting flustered. What was I going to say?. I surely can not tell them it's from Malfoy. I looked down at the necklace and replied, "I've had it, I just never wore it," I said anxiously.

After dinner was over, I walked through the corridors with a different feeling today, I felt excited. As I entered the room, I saw Malfoy pacing back and forth, fidgeting his rings nervously. I took a seat and observed him, I've never seen him in a state of nervousness, it was quite amusing. He looked up at me and walked closer and took a seat next to me. I looked at him and said softly," What's got you all nervous?" He looked up and said defensively, "What? I'm not nervous," he bit his lip, his eyes filled with anxiety.

I began reading my Transfigurations notes, but I could feel his anxious eyes on me. He moved closer and sharply inhaled, "Look, every year my parents host this Christmas ball, and they expect me to bring someone of their standards, and you're a pureblood-'' I cut him off and sarcastically laughed, "Yeah right. There is no way I will be going anywhere near the Malfoy Manor." He looked at me with soft eyes, "You don't have to stay for long, just a couple of days," my eyes widened, "A couple of days?!? Hell no, I'd rather go back ho-" I cut myself off, "Just no."

He came even closer and said softly, "I thought we were friends. Please Aurora, I need you to go." A devious smirk grew on my face as I questioned him, "Are you asking me out on a date Draco?" he rolled his eyes and scoffed, "No, absolutely not," I let out a laugh, but my face soonly grew serious as he scooted even closer, "You know what Lloyd? Maybe I am. Would you like to go to the ball with me Aurora?" he said with a devious smirk.

My body began to tense as I said, "You know what, I'll go. Under one condition. You're buying my dress. I'm not buying a dress for an event that I didn't even want to attend in the first place," His lips curved into a smile, "Fair enough, we can go to Hogsmeade tomorrow morning."

I began to grow curious, "What else do I need to know?" He took a deep breath, "Well, we'll leave once Christmas break starts and you'll stay at the Manor for a week," my eyes widened, "The ball will be two nights after you get there. My parents will want you to stay longer cause....." he paused and looked into my eyes, "Well, they are under the impression that you're my girlfriend."

I laughed and replied, "You're kidding right?" He moved his hand on top of mine, "It's only for a week, please Aurora," he said as he looked at me with soft eyes.

I took my hand away, "Fine," he smirked, "Can we get back to studying?" I said. He nodded, opened his book, and said, "Let's start with the accio charm," he came behind me and put one of his hands on top of mine and my wand, and the other hand on the small of my back.

He guided my hand in the right movement, "Just take a deep breath." I inhaled sharply as he moved my wand in the correct movement as I said softly pointing to my quil, "Accio." My quil quickly came towards me and Draco moved his hand in front of mine and grabbed it.

"Not too bad Lloyd," he said as he turned me around to face him. As he observed me, his eyes flew to my neck, glancing at my necklace as the corners of his mouth curved up into a smirk. He moved even closer to me leaning close to my ear, tucking a stray hair behind my ear as he whispered, "See you tomorrow Lloyd."