chapter 19- "i've never told anyone that before"

AURORA'S P.O.V.
How could he leave his wand here? One of the first things we learn is to always be aware of where our wand is. I could just wait to give it to him tomorrow, but the truth is, I really wanted to see him. I used to think I hated him, but that is definitely not the case anymore. All I could think about was what happened earlier.

I grabbed his wand and anxiously walked to the Slytherin common room, I already knew the password, Blaise gave it to me not long ago.

As I walked through the corridors, I started thinking of what I was going to say to Malfoy. Would he bring up what happened earlier or just pretend it didn't happen? All I could think about was him and I constantly replayed our conversation in my head, "I like being your little secret."

I took a deep breath as I whispered, "Granny Smith's" and entered the common room. Everyone stared, but I was more focused on Malfoy. I walked towards the boys dormitory and found myself outside his door with his wand in my hand. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door.

I had my arms crossed and was biting the inside of my cheek, why was I so nervous? I'm just here to give him his wand back, that's it. He came to the door in a quidditch jumper and green and black plaid pajama pants that read, "SLYTHERIN." He smirked and looked at me, clearly amused.

"You just can't get enough of me can you?" he said with a smile as our eyes met.

I grabbed his wand out of my pocket, "You left your wand in my dorm," I said quietly as I handed it to him.

"Thanks Lloyd," he said as he took his wand and walked into his dorm.

I stood awkwardly in the door while he walked into his room. He turned around to look at me and said, "You can come in, I won't bite," he said with a smirk.

I slowly and quietly entered his room.

He looked at me with confusion and said, "What's wrong?"

I looked at him and replied, "Nothing, I- I'm fine."

He looked at me suspiciously and said, "Then why are you acting so- so awkward."

I looked around his room, not wanting to look at him and I glanced at the clock. It was two minutes after curfew.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath.

His eyes quickly followed to where I was looking.

We quickly looked at each other and I said with worry, "What do I do? If I go back, I'll get caught and I'm certainly not staying here."

He looked at me confused and said, "Why not?" as he slowly walked closer and closer to me.

I looked to the side to avoid looking into his eyes, "Well.. I just-" he came even closer to me and said softly, "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable earlier. I don't know why I did that, it was a mistake."

My expression dropped as he said those words. The truth is, I don't think it was a mistake. I think I'm starting to fall for Draco Malfoy. Shit I'm falling for Malfoy. But it doesn't even matter because he clearly doesn't feel the same way. It was a mistake.

I nodded and he looked away from me and ran his fingers through his hair as he said, "Uh, do you need anything?"

I shook my head no and he replied, "Ok, well I'm going to take a quick shower, you can pick out a shirt to sleep in if you want." He pointed to his dresser and continued, "They're in that dresser."

I nodded and thanked him quietly as he walked into the bathroom. I walked towards his dresser and opened the drawer. I picked out a quidditch shirt and changed out of my clothes. The shirt was super baggy and went down to my fingertips.

I looked around Malfoy's room and walked towards a small bookshelf in the corner of his room. As I observed the books, Malfoy walked out with his same pajamas pants as before and no shirt on. He had a towel in his hand and was rubbing his hair so it was just damp. He looked so good.

He slowly walked behind me and watched me as I picked up a book called, "Quidditch Through the Ages." I turned my head to look at him and he smiled as he said, "My mum got me that book for my 10th birthday. I must've read it 50 times."

I smiled and said teasingly, "Who knew Draco Malfoy was a bookworm." He chuckled and looked me in the eyes. His smile faded and he looked me up and down while he ran his fingers through his hair. My breathing soon became unsteady. Why was he looking at me like that?

He peeled his eyes away from me and looked down as he said, "I have an extra toothbrush and stuff I set out for you in the bathroom, if you want to use it."

I smirked and said jokingly, "Are you telling me I smell Malfoy?"

He laughed and nodded his head.

I playfully punched him in the arm and replied, "Oh shove off," I paused, "Can I take a shower?"

He nodded and said jokingly, "Please do."

I playfully punched him in the arm again and walked into his bathroom and took a shower. I brushed my teeth and put his shirt back on.

His shirt smelled of mint and expensive cologne. I walked out of his bathroom and saw him making a bed on the floor.

He looked up at me and said, "You can sleep in my bed, I'll sleep down here," he said patting the covers on the floor.

I replied, "Malfoy, sleep in your bed, I don't have a problem sleeping on the floor."

He shook his head and said, "No, it's fine."

I looked down at the floor and said quietly, "Well, I mean we can both sleep in your bed. I don't want to force you to sleep on the floor."

He looked shocked and replied, "Are you sure?"

I nodded and said jokingly, "Yeah, but don't try anything Malfoy."

He chuckled and picked up the covers from the floor.

After a while he turned off the lights and we both laid on opposite sides of the bed, looking up at the ceiling.

I questioned him, "Are you excited to go home for the holidays?"

He replied with hesitation, "I'm excited to see my mum."

I turned to look at him, "Not your Dad?"

He turned his head and replied, "I don't know, he kind of makes me- nevermind."

I looked into his eyes and said softly, "You can tell me Draco."

He took a deep breath, "He makes me kind of nervous. I never really received any type of love or compassion from him," he paused and looked up at the ceiling, "But for some reason I still always wanted to make him proud. I- I've never told anyone that before."

I gently placed my hand on his. He didn't pull away like I had expected him to. Instead, he intertwined his fingers with mine, so we were holding hands. We looked at each other as we laid there, in silence. I felt terrible for him, no wonder he never shows any emotion. After a while I turned on my side and drifted off to sleep.