chapter 4- "june 20th"

I jumped awake, remembering the events that took place in my dream. Ever since the accident, I've had recurring nightmares. They feel so real it's almost as if everything from that night is happening all over again. It was June 20th, two summers ago my mother was a victim of a death eater. To this day her death is still a mystery. The mystery of her death drove my father insane. He spent everyday after her death longing to figure out what happened and what he could've done to save her. Until, I came home one day and to find him sitting on the couch surrounded by empty beer bottles, it was all too much for him. He had finally given up.

FLASHBACK- THIS SUMMER
I was finally coming back home after a long school year. I had felt such a longing to see my dad after I put in absolutely no effort to interact with the people around me. I was so done with feeling sorry for myself and I decided I would spend this summer trying to regather my headspace. But that all changed when I walked into my house to find my dad sitting on the couch surrounded by empty beer bottles. He looked so different, with this longing look of misery in his eyes, he was broken. I could tell he was wasted just by the way his lazy eyes were looking at me.

"Hey dad," I said, my voice was so quiet it was almost inaudible. "So you finally decided to come back to your old man?" he asked in a tone I couldn't quite describe. "You thought it'd be okay to go back to that school and leave me here... all alone after what happened with your mother," he said. I began to grow nervous as he inched closer and closer to me. I quickly turned away and ran to my room before the situation got worse. I ran into my room, slamming the door behind me as my eyes began to grow blurry as the tears swelled inside them. As I finally started calming down, I could hear him grabbing another beer out of the fridge. I realized I had to leave or get used to this and this was something I would never be able to get used to.

PRESENT-
I snapped out of my daze and began to get ready for the day. I grabbed my books and headed to the Great Hall for breakfast. I took a seat at the Gryffindor table, still a bit shaken up from the nightmare. After I finished my breakfast I headed to my first class of the day, Potions. I nervously walked into the classroom and took my seat next to Malfoy, as if this day couldn't get any worse. All I could think about was the day I left my house to go to the Burrow. I am so lucky that the Weasley's are such a wonderful family. They've helped me through some of the hardest times of my life.  "Miss Lloyd, would you care to explain what the effects of polyjuice potion are?" said Snape.