Spray Bottles of Doom

I don't own the characters or places (AKA Grimmauld Place).

Harry POV 

Will and Nico just talked in a different language. Maybe argued is a better word. I feel very lost at the moment. Will seems to realize what just happened and turns to face the crowd of my friends and some of the adults of the order who were already sitting around the long table. Will surveys us, looking uncomfortable, then smiles.

"So... lunch?" He asks cheerfully. Ron raises an eyebrow and sits down in a chair next to me, and I quickly sit as well. Will and Nico (who looks very uncomfortable) take the two seats across from us. 

Hermione, who is sitting at my left, seems to be thinking hard.

"Sorry to pry, but what language was that? I've never heard anything like it." Hermione asks Will and Nico, who are grabbing some food. 

"It's Greek," Nico answers, glancing around the table. Everyone present is listening in, eager to find out more about the mysterious pair. 

"I thought you said you're from America," Fred says

"And America is not in Greece," George adds, and Nico lets out a long sigh, seeming annoyed.

"That's because we are from America." Nico then stops and tilts his head to the side, as if calculating something. "Well, I was actually born in Italy, but I've been in America most of my life. Will was born in America though. As to how we speak Greek, it's because we are both of Greek descent. Also, the camp we go to teaches it."

I glance over to Hermione, who looks very interested. She puts down her fork and knife and asks another question.

"Do you learn magic at your camp as well? I heard in America they learn wandless magic. At a very low level, of course, wandless magic is very limited."

"We learn some types of magic there, but the camp is more combat-focused. In America there are a lot of evil mon- um, magical animals there, so we learn a lot of self-defence." Nico answers slowly like he's choosing his words carefully. It still seems like he's hiding something. I don't really believe that he's a death eater anymore, but they seem like they are holding something back. Hermione said that the order told them to be careful about what they say so they don't mess up the timeline, but I still don't know. Something feels... off.

Ron's voice brings me out of my stupor, and I see that Nico is standing up, taking the jar of fire from Mrs. Weasley for their burning-food-as-part-of-their-religion-thing.

"That's what the enchanted swords are for then?" Ron asks and gestures to Nico's waist, where the creepy black weapon hangs from his belt, glinting maliciously.

"Yes. It's for killing monsters - or magical animals or whatever you want to call them. It is not, however, to be touched by other people, unless they wish to be a pile of goo, and have their soul sucked out." Nico glares at the twins, who are inching towards him. They quickly pale and sit back down, and Mad-Eye walks up to Nico.

"A pile of goo, eh? Where'd you get such a powerful relic, boy?" He asks. His fake eye is whizzing between Nico, Will, and the dark weapon. Nico scowls at him and straightens.

"Somewhere you wouldn't want to go."

"An' Where's that?" Moody glares, and Nico glares right back, unafraid.

"Ever heard of Hell?" (He's talking about the Underworld, not Tartarus to clarify)

Wait, what? he got the sword in hell? I'm very confused, and I can tell everyone else is as well. Nico then sits down and doesn't look at Moody for the rest of the meal. We eat in silence after that, and I am left alone with my swirling thoughts. Hopefully, Hermione will figure out the mystery. She always does, after all. 

***

Mrs. Weasley hands me a doxy-spray bottle with a smile. It was only two days ago when I was standing in front of the Minister of Magic and his court. Since then, all the adults have been telling me how proud they are, and have been giving me reassuring smiles at every meal. I wish they would stop; I can see the worry hidden in their eyes, but for what? For who? 

Are they worried for me? For the order? Are they worried about Voldemort and this weapon? When we ask, we don't get answers. It's frustrating, to say the least. Voldemort has always been after me. He always seems to know what I am doing. I want to know the same of him, but apparently, I'm 'too young'.

"What did the spray ever do to you, mate?" Ron asks as we exit the kitchen.

"Hm? Nothing, I was thinking, that's all."

"Thinking's Hermione's job, you know that," Ron teases, and I hear a laugh behind me. I turn around, and I see Will mutter something to Nico that sounds like 'Annabeth' (I wonder who that is?), and Nico smirks and nods. Nico sees me watching and explains that they have a friend in America who seems a lot like Hermione. 

We get to the top of the stairs (trust me, there are a lot of stairs in this house)and I open the door to the room with the doxys. We are in a different room than we were in the last time we did the Doxy spray, and it looks like a library of some sort. Two of the walls have shelves carved into thick wooden planks, with books of all shapes and sizes stuffed in anywhere they can fit. A thin layer of dust lays on the floorboards, and wisps of it fly into the air as we all march into the room.

The twins rush over to the bookshelves, sending dust flying into the air and Nico coughs into his fists.

"I thought people lived in this house, why's there so much dust? It's like this room hasn't been touched." Nico states, and someone answers from the doorway.

"That's because the books in here are not very friendly. The house has been abandoned for some time and has only been occupied for the last year." Lupin says, strolling into the room and walking over to Fred and George. "I'm assuming you would like to keep all your limbs attached, boys, so I would advise not touching the books."

Fred and George stare at the books with a newfound interest, but Lupin ushers them away. With a flick of his wand, the room lights up, and I see heavy curtains framing a blank wall. How odd.

Lupin turns to Nico and Will.

"Dumbledore arrived, and would like to talk to you two."

Next chapter coming soon. At the latest, mid-next week. And sorry for a boring chapter.