Lying to Save Our Braccas

(Braccas is pants in Latin. If you remember what PJ book it's in, put it in the comments :) )
Edit: Just fixing a word :)

Will POV

Nico fell asleep on my shoulder. Good, he needs sleep. But did he have to leave me alone to deal with this mess we got into? We are in the past, Nico is hurt, and I am sitting in front of a wizard who is a werewolf, whom Nico met in the underworld. Because the guy is dead. But he is alive because we are in the past. I would love to say I'm confused but it makes sense.

I sigh heavily and run my hands through my hair. My healing spell worked, which means my dad should be around, as well as the other gods. But it's not like they would help us. Chiron should be around though! Maybe we could IM him, he can help, I'm sure of it. I don't have any Drachmas though. Dam. (A/N hehe, I just had to. I am not sorry.)

"Could you explain what just happened?" Lupin asks, cutting through my thoughts. Oh. I completely forgot he was still there.

"It's complicated," I say, scrambling to find a good cover story. "You see, in short, we have no idea how we got here, and it's a bit confusing for us, that's all. Sorry for our weird questions."

"And why did you ask the year? And how does that boy know me?" This is not going well. I need to take his suspicion off of us. Nico told me all about the wizards, and this guy is a wizard, so I can use that, I think.

"Well, we suddenly appear in a random place, we wanted to make sure we didn't appear in a random time as well," I say, proud of the lie.

"Nico knows you through his father, who is a wizard. His father just likes to know about everyone, you know? He likes to feel omniscient, you could say." I can't hold my smile as I say this and have to make an effort not to laugh.

"I see," Lupin says. He seems pretty convinced, but he definitely still has doubts, and he confirms that with his next question.

"And are you at the correct time? Your reactions seemed slightly intense when I told you." There was no getting out of this one. Hopefully, time travel is a thing in the wizard-land.

"No, you are right. It looks like we went back in time slightly." Lupin looks surprised, but not too surprised, which is good.

"Right. And what year are you both from?" I put an arm around Nico for comfort and answer in a quiet voice.

"2020."

Lupin looks shaken and gets up.

"I need to go let the others know of the situation. I trust that you will be no harm to us?" I give my best reassuring smile.

"You don't have to worry. And thank you for not..." I don't know how to finish the sentence. I would say 'killing us' but that may be taken the wrong way. Lupin smiles back at me.

"It's no problem. I will be back up with some others very soon, and we will get you a room to stay in until we can figure things out."

"Thank you," I say gratefully, but I quickly ask a question before he can leave. "Um... you are the good guys, right?"

Lupin nods and leaves the room, and I feel a bit better. Nico seems to trust this man even though he is a werewolf (And by that I mean he didn't skewer him), but I wanted to make sure. Hopefully, they can help get us back home, I think as I gently lay Nico onto the bed.

-Baby Linebreak coming through - also, warning! trials of apollo spoilers!!!

As I wait for Lupin and his friends to come back, I decide to clean up the mess of blood and bandages. I use the leftover water to mop up the floor and put the dagger I was using on my belt. I may as well be armed in case of a monster attack. Nico will be proud.