Meeting You

Third Person's POV

"No, no, no, no, Bam! Don't start running. Let me lock the door first. Good boy, sit down!" Jungkook somehow managed to calm down Bam. His Doberman.

"Man, I only forgot to take you on a walk yesterday. Calm down, buddy." He petted the dog's head.

After finishing locking the door, they started their walk. It was 8:00 pm.

"The weather is nice today. Not too hot or cold. Let's walk by the riverside. What do you say?"

Bam barked at this suggestion. Letting his dad know that he agrees.

"Okay, let's go!" They started jogging.

After reaching Han Riverside Jungkook looked at his surroundings.

"Looks like it's our lucky day. Not too many people are here. You can play to your heart's content." He petted the dog.

Jungkook unbuckled the belt around Bam's neck and freed him to run as much as he wants. Then he sat on a bench as he watched Bam rolling around on the grass and running here to there.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" He suddenly heard a voice beside him.

When he looked at his right side, he saw a guy. The guy had black hair and a pair of dark brown eyes. He was wearing a black sweater and loose pants that made him look a bit mature. But, his facial features gave him an innocent and young vibe.

 But, his facial features gave him an innocent and young vibe

"Yeah, sure." Jungkook replied without any hesitation.

Then he heard a dog bark. The guy was holding a belt in his hand. He sat down and crouched down to undo the belt from the dog's neck.

"Wait a minute, Tannie. I'll undo the belt, okay?"

There was a chocolate colored Pomeranian tied to the belt.

"Oh, Is this Pomeranian yours?" Jungkook suddenly asked.

"Yes. My sister adopted it at first but she went overseas to study. So, I took him." The guy petted the dog a few times then sent the dog to run.

"Hi, I'm Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you." The guy introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier."

"Oh, it's okay. You look quite young Jungkook-ssi. May I ask how old are you?" Taehyung said.

"I'm 24. You look quite young yourself to be honest." Jungkook said.

"Nah~ I'm 26." Taehyung chuckled.

"Eh? Really? I wouldn't have guessed you're older than me if you didn't say it." Jungkook really thought Taehyung was at most his age.

"I've heard it a lot of times

"I've heard it a lot of times. Some people don't even believe me at first." Taehyung smiled.

"Woah..Is that a Doberman there?" Taehyung said looking at the direction where Bam and Yeontan were playing together.

"Yeah, that's mine. His name's Bam." Jungkook said while smiling at them.

"My dog's name is Yeontan. But, I just call him Tan or Tannie. Did you name your dog?"

"Yes. What about you? Did you name yours or your sister did?"

"I named him. My sister received her acceptance letter from abroad the day she adopted Tannie. So, she transferred the ownership to me." Taehyung said.

"Taehyung-ssi, do you come here often? I haven't seen you here and I come here like almost everyday." Jungkook was curious. Don't get him wrong but this guy was handsome, like way too handsome. If he ever saw him before, he doesn't think he will forget a face like this ever. Even if it was just a glimpse.

"No, I just recently bought my apartment in this area. It's my second time coming here. But, I'll come here often from now on. It's a good place to take Tan on walks." Taehyung replied.

"Jungkook-ssi, are you still a student? You're wearing Seould University's wristband." Taehyung pointed out.

"Oh yes, I'm in my last year. I'm majoring in arts. What about you?" Normally, people won't give so much information to a guy they just met. But, Jungkook felt like he could trust the guy. So, he just went with his feelings.

"I own a cafe in Hwangdae. It's just beside Ouran High School." Taehyung slightly smiled. It was the smile of satisfaction. He looked happy with his life.

"I don't go there often, so I don't know actually, sorry."

"It's okay. Besides, I only opened the cafe two years ago. If you ever go to Hwangdae, please come." Taehyung said.

"Sure, I'll definitely go." Jungkook smiled.

"Looks like their getting along well." Taehyung said while looking at Bam and Yeontan.

"Seems like it." Jungkook agreed.

They continued their chat. The night was getting darker and the streets were getting quieter. Less and less people were seen by the riverside.

"Don't you think it's getting quite chilly?" Taehyung asked while rubbing his palms together.

"Yes. After all, it's almost 10pm. Time sure flies by when people have company." Jungkook slightly smirked looking at his phone.

"You're right about that. Let's call them back."

"Yeah. Bam! Come here, time to go home, buddy!"

"Tan-ah! Come here!"

The dogs both returned to their respective owners.

"Taehyung-ssi, can I get your number?" Jungkook asked.

But then he suddenly realised that it's kind of weird to ask someone their number at first meeting and when there's almost zero percent chances of meeting again.

"Ah- Don't get me wrong! I just thought Bam and Yeontan were getting along great and it would be nice if they could play again together."

Jungkok's cheeks were slightly red as he explained himself. He looked so cute that Taehyung had a hard time controlling himself from bursting out laughing.

"You don't have to explain yourself. I would like to exchange numbers too." Taehyung flashed his boxy smile instead of laughing out loud. It was the the first time that night, he did it. Until now, only the corners of his mouth lifted up when he smiled.

Jungkook didn't know why, but his heart skipped a beat.

"Taehyung-ssi, you can call me just Jungkook. No need for formalities. I feel kind of weird when someone older than me uses formal language." Jungkook awkwardly scratched his nape.

"Okay. But on one condition. You have to call me hyung. Hearing 'Taehyung-ssi' feels like I'm too old, haha." Taehyung slightly laughed.

"Well, agreed. I'll go now, bye." Jungkook bid his farewell.

"Okay, bye."

They both went in opposite directions. After 20 steps Jungkook heard someone calling him. He looked back.

"Jungkook-ah! I enjoyed talking to you! Let's meet again soon!" Taehyung waved from a distance. He was smiling brightly as he shouted on top of his lungs. After that, he turned and started walking again.

Jungkook doesn't know how long he was standing there. He stood there when Taehyung's figure became blurry and even after he could no longer see him. He was looking at the direction where Taehyung went. He didn't seem to notice the night getting colder. Not until Bam barked softly at him.

"Oh! Let's go home, Bam." Then he started walking to the opposite direction from Taehyung. But, not before looking back one last time.

That day on Han Riverside, a new story started.