Chapter 15

:: Emma's POV ::

As I stood in the mirror of our hotel room suite fastening my diamond earrings I couldn't help but to smile. JJ and I had a great day together Christmas shopping for Noah. It was something I had grown so accustomed to doing on my own over the years but having the company of the man I love definitely changed the whole experience for me. We actually had fun battling crowds and standing in ridiculous lines just to make sure Noah had the toys of the year. I was probably always over the top when it came to providing Noah with a Christmas but the way I felt was that he would only have so many "magical Christmases" left. Pretty soon he would discover the truth of Santa and Rudolph and the North Pole, I wanted him to cherish the memories I created for him as a boy for the rest of his life and carry on those traditions with his own family one day.

But JJ. He was stealing my heart more and more, as if there was even more left to be stolen. He was just born to be a father and while he may not be Noah's biological father, he's the closest thing Noah has ever had. That meant the world to me. The two of them share a bond I can't even begin to explain and he seemed to know exactly what Noah wanted without hesitation. Part of it had to do with him being a big kid at heart but the majority of it had to do with the fact that he just knows Noah. I love that he knows him so well, that he cared to know him so well. He's incredible and I don't know what we ever did without him in our lives, the idea has practically become inconceivable.

We had made it back to our hotel room around five thirty and were in a race to get ready for our dinner reservations at six thirty. JJ had gotten ready rather quickly and excused himself from the suite's bedroom to sit on the couch. I figured he was entertaining himself by either watching Sports Center or messing around on his phone, perhaps even both. He was definitely the best boyfriend when it came to being patient and allowing me to get ready in peace without the constant reminders of how much time I had remaining. I had managed to freshen up my large loose curls with my curling iron and reapplied my makeup in record timing; I knew he would be impressed with my speed because I was.

"J, can you zip me?" I called out to him as I slipped into my form fitted red mini dress hugging it against my body as he walked into the room.

He looked so handsome and I loved that I was getting spoiled by seeing him looking so dapper the last few days. He was donning his navy blue, red and white gingham checked dress shirt tucked into his gray dress pants and accessorized with his black leather belt and black leather dress shoes. Certainly very easy on the eyes but the best part may have been his hat free head and his messy blond spiked hair. No hat meant a better view of his eyes and easier access to his lips, there is no arguing with that, that's for sure.

"You look beautiful." His voice was low and the goose bumps on my skin created a domino effect as his lips created a path from the back of my neck across my right shoulder before meeting my lips.

"Thank you." A smile spread across my lips as he planted another kiss on my forehead. He always managed to make me feel like I was on top of the world with him.

JJ retreated from the room leaving me to finish getting ready once again. I looked myself over in mirror satisfied with the way the dress hugged my curves and the way the sweetheart neckline accentuated my bust line. It was safe to say my assets, both front and back, stole the show and I was okay with that. It kept things classy all while allowing for the perfect amount of sexiness. The dress wasn't overly formal which I really liked, it made it so versatile. I grabbed my black heels out of my bag and slipped them on my feet before grabbing my fitted black leather jacket off the bed and heading out to the living room area of the suite.

"You ready?" JJ spoke to me from his place on the couch as I entered the room, his eyes focused on his phone.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I responded as he pulled himself up of the couch and slid his phone into the pocket of his dress pants making his way towards me.