Chapter 12

:: Emma's POV ::

I pulled into the drive way parking next to JJ's truck. He stayed with Noah while I took care of inventory at the boutique; I was exhausted to say the least. It was after midnight and my day had started close to six this morning. It felt like it was ages ago.

I sighed as I got out of the car and threw my purse over my shoulder; I was looking forward to seeing the faces on the other side of that front door. I locked up the car and made my way into the house. I was doing my best to stay as quiet as possible as I set my purse down on the entryway table and unzipped my boots setting them off to the side. I knew Noah was probably sleeping and the last thing I wanted to do was wake him.

I followed the flickering glow coming from the living room and was instantly met by one of the sweetest things I had ever seen. JJ sat on the couch, his back against the oversized arm rest, one foot resting on the ground, one leg lying across the cushions and his head resting on the back of the couch; he was sound asleep with Noah in his lap. Noah's cheek rested on JJ's chest, his Ninja Turtle blanket draped over his small body and his little hand clutched the fabric of JJ's shirt. I was seriously jealous that I was missing out on this snuggle fest. JJ was perfect for cuddling up with; he's always so good at being our big teddy bear. My heart felt like it was going to burst it was so swollen with love for these two boys; they made my life feel so complete.

I walked over to the couch, still attempting to be quiet, thanks to my years in ballet; I knew how to be light on my feet. I bent over and kissed Noah's cheek before I very carefully lifted him away from JJ's body, careful not to wake either one of my sleeping boys.

Once I successfully separated the two I quietly carried Noah up the stairs to his bedroom. I gently laid him down on top of his plaid sheets and pulled his covers over top of him. I envied his deep sleep; he never even flinched as I moved him from the warmth of JJ's body to the cool fabric of his sheets. I knew he was exhausted and he was getting over a bad cold, the medicine he has been taking really knocked him out. I kissed his forehead before turning to walk out of his room, pulling his bedroom door shut behind me leaving just a small crack.

I walked down the hall to my bedroom and decided to change out of these clothes I had spent way too many hours in before going back downstairs to check on JJ. I traded in my tight skinny jeans for my PINK boxer shorts, pulled off my blouse and bra and replaced it with my pajama top cami and pulled my long hair up into a ponytail. I already felt a sense of relief. I retreated to my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before I made my way back downstairs.

I headed back down to the living room; I was actually surprised that JJ hadn't woken up. I knew he must have been exhausted, he's been pushing himself so hard lately and he seems to be in high demand. The natural nurturer in me worried about him even though he always insisted he was fine, so I had to back off. I didn't want to be the smothering girlfriend. No guy wants that.

He looked so peaceful and inviting as he slept, he was adorable. I leaned over and softly kissed right near the corner of his mouth, his lips were out of range with the position his head was in. His eyes slowly opened as he turned his head to face me and his hand came up and rested on the back of my thigh, his thumb rubbing up and down against the bare skin my shorts exposed.

"You just get home?" His voice sounded gruff and sleepy, it was actually pretty sexy.

"About thirty minutes ago."

"Mmmm." JJ groaned as he reached up and grabbed my hand pulling me onto the couch with him.

I nestled myself against him, melting into his right side as he wrapped his right arm around me holding me close to him. I laid my head on his chest and tangled my legs up with his. I craved coming home to this all day. I loved the way he held me; it was like an unspoken language between us, like he just knew what I wanted, what I liked.