Chapter 14

:: Emma's POV ::

It had been a week since Thanksgiving had come and gone and Christmas was quickly approaching. I was definitely excited, I loved the holidays. However, Christmas equaled chaos in the world of business ownership and trying to create Christmas magic for a little one. I lived for creating Christmas magic for Noah, it meant the world to me to see the happiness and genuine excitement he felt around this time of the year. We were more than excited to be able to bring JJ into our little traditions we had created and hopefully we're able to create more traditions for future Christmases.

I was running around the house like a mad woman trying to get my suitcases packed and making sure I had everything in line for Tonya. JJ had a bye week this coming weekend and he had planned a little get away for just the two of us. We were heading to Dallas to do some Christmas shopping for Noah and enjoy a little bit of a romantic weekend together and Tonya agreed to stay with Noah until we returned on Sunday. I was beyond grateful; especially considering our plans had come about so last minute. Between the drama with my ex and the rush of Christmas shopping beginning at the boutique, JJ felt I needed a mini getaway and had devised a plan. I was honestly really looking forward to it.

"Okay, I think I have everything lined up for you." I set my bags in the foyer before joining Tonya in the living room.

"I'm sure everything is fine Em. This is supposed to be about you relaxing!" She had put extra emphasis on her use of relaxing and I had to laugh, she was right, "The only thing you need to be worried about is enjoying a quiet weekend with your man."

"I know, I know and I will. I just keep feeling like I'm forgetting something." I ran my fingers through my long hair before taking a seat on the edge of the couch. The more I thought about it, the more I knew I wouldn't remember it.

"Did you pack that hot little number you bought for J?" Tonya's voice sounded mischievous as she gave me a look out of the corner of her eyes, "You better put it to use."

"There are no problems with our sex life. Thank you very much." We both laughed at her comment, "But if you must know... it's the first thing I packed."

I had been complaining to her so much lately about just wishing I could have a quiet moment with JJ and she was always more than willing to baby sit Noah, but that wasn't it. Our schedules had just been so hectic lately and it seemed like by the time our days had both come to an end we were just climbing into bed. I can't say our sex life was necessarily suffering but some nights felt so rushed and that's not the way either one of us really liked to do things.

"So, tell me.... Is his size proportionate to the rest of him?" Tonya's voice was full of curiosity and jest all at the same time.

My mouth dropped at her question and I had to laugh. I mean we are girls, kissing and telling is what we do. I don't know why I was so surprised by her question, it's not like it's a topic we've never discussed and it was very much something I expected to be asked by Tonya. That was just her.

I nodded at her confirming her inquiries.

"Damn girl!" Tonya's reaction instantly made my cheeks grow flushed and we both erupted in laughter.

We heard the front door open and seconds later JJ appeared before us in the living room. All I could think was how handsome he looked, I hadn't seen him in real clothes since Thanksgiving and it was always such a pleasant surprise. A white t-shirt covered by his gray North Face, a pair of distressed medium washed jeans, Nikes on his feet and but of course, a hat on his head. Except this time he was paying homage to his alma mater. He was handsome enough in his sweats but when he cleaned up, that was another story. What I loved most was the stubble that grew on his face from two days without shaving. Be still my beating heart. I knew it wasn't going to be around long, he never went more than three days tops without shaving. I was perfectly okay with that, I wasn't one for a bearded man but the scruffy look was so sexy on him.