Chapter 1

:: Emma's POV ::

The Houston sun was shining brightly as I made my way across the parking lot of the local rec center; my steady pace causing the curls in my long brown hair to bounce with every stride. I was on my way to pick up my son, Noah, from his NFL Play60 practice.

At just 5 years old, he was a true lover of the game, something I believe he inherited from me and he's completely smitten by our local NFL team, the Houston Texans. Like most young football loving boys, JJ Watt was everything Noah hoped to be and his life sized Fathead graced his bedroom wall. Not that I can complain, I mean... What girl would? Am I right?

I finally reached the football field and took my place on the sideline with the other parents waiting to pick up their aspiring football players. I pulled my sunglasses down over my jade green eyes in order to get a better look at what was taking place on the field. The boys were all huddled in a circle, listening very closely to the man that spoke to them. I'm not quite sure who it was, as I could only see his back, but I do know I've never seen Noah so alert and focused. God love him but come on, he's a 5 year old boy, and he has the attention span of a goldfish at times.

It wasn't long before the coaches dismissed the boys and sent them running to claim their parents. I was always so happy to see my little man; he never failed to brighten my day.

"Hi handsome!"

I'm quite sure I was beaming as I squatted to Noah's level in order to fully accept his hug. His hugs were the best and I always made sure to get the best grip I could. He was growing so fast, the "it's socially unacceptable to be seen in public with your mother" days will be here before I even know it. I had to treasure the moments I had left.

He gave me the biggest smile and threw his arms around me like he hadn't seen me in days.

"How was football?" I asked him as I retied his shoe lace that had come undone.

"He came mommy! He really came!" Noah jumped up and down in total excitement. His genuine excitement was enough to make me want to jump and I don't even know what he's jumping about.

He pointed his little finger towards the man that had captivated him just moments ago. I still couldn't see his face and curiosity was seriously getting the best of me.

"Come on! I told him my mom wants to meet him!" His small hand grabbed a hold of mine and before I could even protest he was running, pulling me with him towards this mystery man.

"Noah, who am I meeting?"

My mind was racing and I couldn't help but to wonder why he was so determined for me to meet this person. Was I being sold out by my own kid?

I watched as Noah reached his hand out and tugged on the shirt of the extremely tall individual before us. At this point, I swear I can feel my heart in my throat. I'm nervous and I don't even know why. Perhaps it's the fact that I really don't even know what to expect.

The man turns around and I no longer think my heart is in my throat, I know it's in my throat. Mystery man is JJ Watt and he's even dreamier than his Fathead that greets me every time I walk into Noah's room. I instantly feel like a prepubescent teen at a One Direction concert fighting to contain my squeals. I'm a 25 year old Tahoe driving football mom; I have got to keep it together.

"Noah, my man..."

I watched as JJ held out his large hand waiting for Noah to accept his high five. Noah happily obliged and slapped his hand as he let out the happiest giggle I've heard out of him in a very long time. I had to laugh, it was too cute. JJ laughed as he squatted to break the large gap that separated him from Noah.