Chapter 33

Lying in the green grass
Underneath the blue sky
Looking at a good man
And I know he's the right guy
He's got that kinda heart that
Any girl would die for

How could I want more? So, how could I want more?

How Could I Want More? - Jamie Lynn Spears

:: Emma's POV ::

"The guys are all in place and just waiting on us."

Monica opened the doors to the bridal suite and my eyes instantly landed on my father before falling on Noah who stood at his side, both patiently waiting for me to exit the room I had been in all morning preparing for this very moment that was about to take place. Seeing Noah all dressed up in his suit and tie was nearly enough to send my emotions over the edge, he looked so grown up and he had insisted on his suit matching JJ's.

Before I could even choke my emotions back enough to say a word, Noah's small arms wrapped tightly around my waist, his head resting on the baby bump that hid tucked away beneath the flowing ivory material that fell around me. It only reminded me of how special today actually is, we were all becoming a family and we were doing it in front of the people we loved most in this world.

My bridesmaids began to file out of the gorgeous french doors that over looked the lush gardens of our ceremony grounds. Their soft aqua colored chiffon dresses blowing ever so slightly in the warm spring air as they walked down the grassy path that was beautifully riddled with baby pink rose petals the flower girls had left behind. The path they were taking would be leading them to the ornate wooden pergola arbor that was flawlessly draped in the most stunning array of flowers and greenery one had ever seen. I would be marrying my soul mate under that same arbor in a matter of minutes

"Dad..."

The tears welled in my eyes as I looked at my father whose emotions had over taken him before hugging him closely, seeing my father cry was something I have never remembered seeing in my twenty five years of life. He was always the strong one, the one that held the family together. I knew his tears were not tears of sadness but of happiness knowing that I had finally found the man he prayed I would. My father has always been one of my biggest supporters and he was there for me with everything I went through as a single mother struggling to raise my little boy. I knew JJ was the answer to his prayers; he had made that clear to me so many times.

"You are both lucky to have found each other and your mother and I are so grateful that you did." My father dried his eyes as he reassured me that I was definitely marrying the man I was meant to marry. Not that I needed any reassurance, I had never been so sure of anything.

"You guys ready?" Monica's voice was gentle as if she were careful not to interrupt the moment my father and I were sharing, "We don't want the groom to think you got cold feet."

My father and I laughed at Monica's attempt at wedding humor, I knew she was trying to take our minds of the emotional moment we shared in order to prepare me for the emotions that were going to hit me the moment I walked out those doors.

We took our place at the door; I held my bouquet in my left hand and linked my right arm through my fathers, Noah standing at my left side. At this point we didn't really exchange many words, they weren't really needed. As the doors opened I heard the violinist began to play Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" and the sound of all of our guests rising to their feet sent my heart to overdrive.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I began my walk down the aisle, down to my future. My eyes finally found JJ who stood tall, his hands crossed in front of him. His large, tall frame draped in the same soft beige suit Noah, my father and the groomsmen wore. The soft aqua colored satin tie that peeked out of his buttoned suit coat and rested against his crisp white dress shirt really brought out the blue in his eyes and I mentally thanked myself for picking that color. His blond hair gelled up in the perfectly messy spiky look that I loved allowed me to really see his face and take in his true handsome form.