Chapter 17

After spending our Sunday playing games and watching TV with Caleb, Bree, Lizzy, Olivia and I go down the trail so Bree can help me fight again. Olivia and Lizzy made something to try and help my wing so we're going to test that out too.

We both hide before changing but when I change it's a lot more painful. I can't help but groan as everything starts to move in my body. Once I see fur covering me, instead of scales, I nearly freak out.

When I'm fully changed I turn, trying to look at myself. I'm covered in black fur and I have paws! Not claws. PAWS. What the fuck is going on!?

I jump at the sight of myself. I can see everyone else looking shocked too.

"What the hell?" Olivia questions. "How are you a giant wolf!?" We all look at each other confused.

"I think we should ask these questions when he can speak," Lizzy says.

"Right," Olivia nods. "Could you try fighting like this?"

I move around to get used to using my limbs in this form before nodding. Bree goes really easy on me and I barely manage to get any sort of upper hand.

By the time we're finished I've been on the ground more times than I can count. We call it and hide before changing back.

"I think Kayla was right," I say as we start up the trail.

"What do you mean?" Lizzy questions.

"Last night Kayla suggested that Shawn's a wolf because he turned Leo into one. She said that maybe I'm part wolf and part dragon," I explain.

"Wait, Leo's a wolf?" Olivia says, in shock.

"Yes. I told you last night."

"Oh yeah," Olivia nods.

"So you're saying Shawn is a wolf and that's why you can turn into a wolf?" Bree asks.

"It's possible," I shrug.

"You should start learning how to control which one you turn into," Lizzy suggests.

"Yeah," I nod. "I can start that tomorrow, after school."

The rest of the day is mostly peaceful. We play with Sarah and relax until it gets dark. Dad, Pops, Lizzy, Bree, Caleb and Ms. James go to bed while Olivia and I stand on the front porch.

"Can I tell you something?" Olivia breaks the silence.

"Anything," I nod and look over. She's picking at her fingers. She only does that when she's really nervous about something.

"I know that you'll probly be okay with it but I'm still scared to say it," she looks at her hands.

"Olivia, whatever it is. I doubt it's as shocking as half the shit that's been going on," I try to help her.

"True," she chuckles lightly, still picking at her fingers. "I'm gay. And I think I love Bree."

"That's what you were so nervous about?" I chuckle. "We have two gay dads and I'm a trans guy. You really think we would care as long as you're happy?"

"Well, there's a lot of possibilities," she stops picking at her fingers. "You could secretly hate them and the gays."

"Yeah, I totally hate them," we laugh before getting a little more serious.

"Only you and Bree know. I wanted to tell you before anyone else."

"Are you planning on telling everyone else?" I ask.

"Yeah, after everything gets less crazy," she nods. "Or maybe I'll just kiss Bree in front of everyone."

"That'd probably not be a shocker for them," I chuckle again. "You guys are already living together and you cuddle on the couch all the time."

"Yeah," she agrees.

"You said you think you love her?" she nods. "Are you guys not together yet?"

"No, we are. We just haven't said it yet."

"Oh, well do you only think you love her or do you know that you do?"

She thinks for barely a second before answering with, "I love her."

"Are you ready to tell her that?"

"I think so," she nods. "I want to."

"Then do it. Whenever you want to, tell her."

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" she smiles.

"I think you might've," I nod with a joking tone.

"Well, I love you," she puts one arm around my shoulder while resting her chin on my shoulder.

"I love you too."