Chapter 4

**Trigger Warning** This chapter contains violence and some blood* Read with caution**

Suddenly I feel the hair on my arms and the back of my neck shoot up before Sarah starts barking and I'm forced to the ground with a loud thud.

I'm able to open my eyes slightly as I wrestle with a furry creature bigger than I am. Sarah continues to bark and she bobs back and forth as if debating on if she should attack the furry animal attacking me.

"Sarah! Go home!" I yell through my heavy breaths and spit out some of the fur that manages to get in my mouth as I keep wrestling painfully with the animal.

Sarah quickly follows my instructions and as she disappears I don't have a choice but to change.

I manage to get away from the animal long enough to get my boots half off before I let my bones shift and crack.

It takes only a few seconds to change and once I see my ripped clothing on the grassy, leaf covered forest floor and my hands turned into scaly claws I turn back to the animal.

Finally getting a good look at it. It looks like a giant wolf. Normally they aren't around here but this one seems off.

It's much bigger than any wolf I've seen and there's no missing it's vibrant eyes, one golden and the other hazel, that seem to glow against the dark brown fur.

It should've run away the moment I changed.

It takes no more than another second before lunging at me and managing to sink its teeth into my left arm.

How can it break through my scales?! Holy fuck! That hurts!

I manage to wrap my claws around it's body and throw it away from me before it charges again.

I swing my tail around once the animal is within reach and send it scrambling. I start to fly up but the animal is remarkably fast and it sinks its teeth and claws into my right wing sending my back to the forest floor with a thud big enough to knock a bunch of leaves off the trees next to me.

As I shake the furry animal off with a painful flap of my wings I swipe my back claws at it and manage to cut it's side.

The creature whimpers and stumbles to get up but it's relentless and lunges at me again, this time biting and clawing at my front, left leg as a few of my scales fall to the leaves and blood follows.

As I swing my front right claws at it I barely manage to get it away from me before I stumble to keep my balance as my left claws send pain all over.

The giant wolf lunges one last time but this time it doesn't bite, just pushes it's paws, and claws, into my chest, sending me falling into a tree with a crack as my weight nearly topples the tree.

I barely manage to get up as my vision blurs in and out. I scratch the wolf's shoulder as it runs off.

As a dog barking and the sound of running footsteps and paws crunching the leaves goes through my ears, my vision goes too blurry to see more than three blobs of color that resemble Olivia, Dad and Bree, and a tiny blob resembling Sarah, before everything goes dark.