CHAPTER 4

Jin’s POV

As we were sitting around the table in the windows-covered walls of the Big Hit Entertainment skyscraper, I hoped that the new cook would do great. I really hoped that they would do their best because I believed in them strongly.

“The new cook will do great, Jin-hyung!” Hoseok said with a wide smile on his oval face.

“I know you're stressed out for them, but if they convince you, they'll have us too!” Namjoon commented.

“I truly hope they'll do their best,” I added while tilting my head to the left, eyes closed and softly smiling.

The door opened, and a young man came with a food-trolley on which seven colorful bowls were displayed.

Wow, they truly had me just with the visuals!

From there, it looked like single Bibimbap, but a vegan version. As the young man put the bowls in front of us, I carefully looked at what was put inside. Healthy ingredients were put in a very agreeable manner all in the bowl, making a beautiful artwork of colors out of the food. In the middle there was some brown rice along with a brown sauce that was steaming but most importantly smelling beautifully, all around with vibrant colours - yellow corn, green broccoli, white onions, orange carrots, brown mushrooms and there was some fried tofu put in one side of the plate, giving a beige tint to the whole masterpiece.

I smelled it first, as I used to do, and my senses became full of admiration from the very moment the scent entered my nostrils. As the others had already began to eat, I took my own chopsticks out and began to eat, a few moments after them.

My mind immediately went blank only to come alive as the scrumptious flavors melted one into another in a perfect harmony, making my taste buds shivered with enthusiasm. I was pleasantly surprised that a vegan dish would taste this good. I should have known from the start when I smelled the sauce. It must be their homemade sauce...

“If Jin-hyung doesn't like it, I don't know what happened with my taste bud,” Taehyung commented as the others only nodded with enthusiasm.

“You know, this reminds me of the time a girl told me that she saw me at a vegetarian restaurant,” I seriously stated and Jimin rose an eyebrow.

“And then, what happened?”

“But the truth was that I've never met her-bi-vore,” I joked provoking Jimin’s laughter and turning Yoongi's face into a stoic and not amused at all while the others smiled.

“But seriously, it's very good. Very tasty. They are doing a great job following Mr Yi footsteps!”

“It's maybe even slightly tiny better than Mr Yi's meals..,” Jeongguk dared to say and rose his hands in his defense before adding, “Maybe, I just said maybe! It tastes good, I don't know!”

“Don't be too hasty,” Taehyung said as he continued to eat from his bowl.

But I secretly shared Jeongguk's thought. It was yummy from the very start, from the visual, to the smell unto the taste. It made me feel curious about the cook, and most importantly about who they were.

Sadly, as for Mr Yi, we wouldn't know before a long time because of contract trial terms and because, usually the cook never met us. Mr Yi did for mysterious reasons and I was very happy about it, as I was able to see him cook from time to time in the company's kitchen. But a person with so much taste and food sensibility? I had to meet them in any possible manner.

I just had to think about it, and I had to do it fast. There was a red string of fate that was mysteriously linking me with the cook, and I couldn't really pinpoint why. I did only when a desert came on the table and I fell in love with it, as I never did with any other dish.

The soft-pink cake made me saw stars and the heavens above, its light strawberry taste tickled my tongue and made me feel things I had never felt while eating. It was more than a masterpiece, it was godly good.

Unmatched.

From this moment on, I wanted to speak with the new cook, and I would most definitely away.

Oh yes, I would.