CHAPTER 9

Your mood instantly went down, and your grasp tightened around the plastic box.

To... Stop? What have you done wrong?

Your heart felt a bit broken by this bit of information. It felt as if something had fallen on your head, knocking you down to the ground. The weight of guilt and culpability, all of this was hanging on your shoulders. You felt like all your efforts weren't worthy anymore.

Why end this? He didn't complain about the meals you were making for the band... Or did he?

“Don't worry Ms Song..,” she said as she saw your worried expression. “It's more because of his band mates and management that, well, noticed that his cheeks were a lot rounder than they were a month ago.”

“Oh,” you muffled and immediately the stone that was weighting on your heart disappeared.

“Well, yesterday it was a big deal,” she admitted with her arms crossed over her chest. Her cheeky face was already teasing the funny story that was about to come from her mouth. “Namjoon confronted him about it, and by it I mean his rounder face, well I also told him so but he's more eager to listen to his band mates than me,” she complained and rolled her eyes.

“Anyway, all what Namjoon said was a joke obviously, and the whole band followed the joke Namjoon was making. As usual, Jin just laughed it off with another joke, yet he seemed to be really touched by this but probably not because they told him that he has a rounder face... But here is the thing. Everything became serious when we heard the management tell the boys that they should spy on Jin because his cheeks being chubby was suspicious and all...”

“Sus.. suspicious in what way?”

“They told something about linking his sudden weight gain with your arrival, but they concluded nothing from it... But well, the weirdest for them was to see Jin this happy! You should see his face light up when he sees me bring him an extra meal from you,” she admitted, “he's all happy, and his smile grows so big!”

You suddenly wondered what happened when he smiled, and how the atmosphere in the room would change. You felt butterflies in your stomach only thinking about it.

“And after he eats it? You can't even imagine how cheeky and happy he is! The boys can't keep up with him and his humour and kindness!”

This information made you fluster a bit. It was this warm feeling of approval from your favorite member that was manifested by his joy – a joy you couldn't see, but only imagine. You pictured him all giggly and adorable after he had eaten one of your extra meals, being a sunshine in the room and an absolute joy to be with.

All of this comforted you in your work. You wanted to make him feel this way even if it wasn't with the little secret you shared on an everyday basis with the meals you were preparing, but now that you couldn't do it. You felt ten feet tall with this information, as if all you had previously done was inevitably leading you to this situation.

The joy that you were procuring to the person who was giving you joy endlessly for a few years even without knowing it.

Before, you were a mere stranger to him, but a stranger that knew a lot about him and adored him unconditionally, but you became more... you became his daily joy provider through what you loved the most, and so did he...

Food.

“Sad that I won't be bringing him his daily dose of happiness then,” you said looking down at the plastic box. “Here you go, they're for you. As a thank you for helping this to happen, and I hope you'll like them as much as Jin did!”

“Well, from what I heard everyday, I should definitely be pleased,” she said and began to walk away with a smile.

You sighed.

All good things come to an end, don't they?