CHAPTER 8

Jin’s POV

“We need to keep an eye on him, there's something wrong with his diet,” my manager whispered and I could hear an affirmative humming came from my members.

“He seems to have bigger cheeks than before, especially since the new cook had arrived... We should keep an eye on him and on what he's eating.” Another affirmative, this time it was from Jeongguk.

Suddenly, I was panic stricken. Still back to them, I promptly looked at my makeup artist, who was standing in the corner of the room and gave her the look. I hoped that she knew what it meant because from now on I couldn't let myself eat anything more than what I would be given during meal time.

I didn't want Ms Song to have troubles because of me, so I had to stop this daily guilty pleasure and treasured time in order to keep all eyes from her. The decision was made quickly, but it was hurtful.

I was so accustomed to have a small and something sweet in my dressing room everyday, something that would light up the end of my day and make me want to work harder to be able to have another meal from her.

It became one of the reasons I got up cheerfully in the morning, along with my love for music and my bandmates. It was the ray of sunshine that was giving me hope and comfort during difficult days. It was something pleasant after a long day of work. The string of fate was still here between us and I could feel it. It was warm and calming. It felt like a soft butterflies feeling inside my stomach as I thought about her cooking something for me.

Was it weird that I was having some kind of feelings towards her because of her cooking? Jimin would probably say that it was. But it felt right to feel this way.

I had to find the bathroom quickly, otherwise they would suspect something when there was no suspicion to be made. Well at least, not right here and right now.

****

Your POV

You were sitting at your desk, finishing an online consultation with a client while you heard somebody lightly knocked on your door. You rose your eyes towards Jin's makeup artist, waving at her to wait a little moment before you end the consultation completely.

It was already a month after you started working for Big Hit Entertainment as BTS' cook, and coincidentally, it was also the amount of time you spent extra-feeding Jin with some light pastries and sometimes small salty things.

It was probably the best job you ever had and God knew that you loved your nutritionist job. But this was something different and unique. Somehow, it was very encouraging to know that Jin himself liked, no, “loved” what you cooked for him, and his makeup artist's feedback from him confirmed it each and every time. All of this made you feel validated and skilled in what you were doing, while still hoping for the luck he had wished you in his first message that was now hanging on the mirror next to your bed at your apartment.

This time you had prepared some chocolate muffins for him but with dark chocolate, so it wouldn't affect his weight too much. When BTS had appeared on television the other day, you watched his appearance during your free time in your office. You noticed his beautiful cheeks… his cheeks that became rounder than they were before. And you might have been the reason for that. It made you smile.

Quickly, you ended the call with your last client of the day. You went outside of your office with the plastic box with muffins in it and met his makeup artist, whose face was all light and smiling. It has been a great day, everything was going as it should have. You were living your best life, cooking for BTS and personally for Jin. In the short span of one month, your life had become incredible as you were combining your two passions into one.

“You're here a bit earlier than usual,” you commented, as you handed her the plastic box in which the muffins were hidden.

“Well, I will be direct,” she said and you already felt that something was off, “It’s because Jin asked me to tell you that he would like to stop the extra meal service.”