𝟶𝟶𝟼-𝚂𝚒𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰𝚛𝚐𝚞𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

The day following the best day of James Potter's death, Marilyn was livid with her twin. He had managed to earn himself detention on the first day and with Umbridge no less! She was currently refusing to talk to him and had been sure to sit at the Ravenclaw table for breakfast, ignoring every one of his attempts to get her to talk to him. She was excellent at holding grudges.

Marilyn had Transfiguration for her last class before lunch and she was irritated to no end when Marvolo decided to sit next to her and poke her with his quill until she looked at him. So far, it was having no effect whatsoever as she just continued to listen intently to McGonagall and take notes. They were reviewing the concept of animagi in the class, which neither Marilyn nor Marvolo actually needed to hear, considering they had both managed to complete the process to become animagi when they were in their third year.

Marilyn had to help Marvolo a lot, and she got help from a particularly enthusiastic James Potter, who was ecstatic with the idea of them following in his footsteps, as they were both illegal animagi. Even Tom was pleased with them going through the process as it was one of the few things he did not accomplish in school or out. 

Marilyn thought the world was playing a joke on her the first time she had transformed, but no, she could actually transform into a twenty-five foot long Hebridean Black. Yes, an actual dragon. James had been highly offended when she first transformed, considering Hebridean Blacks were known to eat deer, but secretly found it highly amusing. 

Marvolo, meanwhile, could turn into a coyote. Marilyn thought it was fitting, seeing as they generally represented someone mischievous of playful with a hint of foolishness. Marvolo, on the other hand, was not amused. His sister could turn into a fricking dragon and he was stuck as a glorified dog. Marilyn had proceeded to point out that Sirius Black could turn into an actual dog and a coyote was better than that. After a few days of ignoring her, he had conceded his argument and agreed that a coyote was a pretty cool animal to take the form of. Not as cool as a dragon though, of course. 

Marilyn continued ignoring Marvolo as he continued upping his game of how to gain her attention. Finally, he picked up his Transfiguration textbook and whacked her over the head with it, gaining the attention of the entire class while she turned to him incredulously.

"What was that for?" She hissed, glaring at him.

Marvolo beamed, "You talked to me!"

Marilyn growled under her breath and promptly turned back to the front.

"Detention, Mr Marvol," said McGonagall, making Marilyn's lips twitch.

She didn't care nearly as much about him getting detention when it wasn't with Umbridge, or as James had so eloquently put it, Umbitch.

"What for!" Marvolo crowed in outrage.

McGonagall stared at him, trying to figure out whether or not he was joking. She noted no signs of humour in his eyes though and sighed. He reminded her very much of Sirius Black.

"For hitting your sister over the head with your textbook," she replied plainly.

"It's not like it actually hurt her," he defended, turning to his sister, "Right, Mary?"

Marilyn looked at McGonagall with her usual expressionless face, but there was a hint of humour that usual belonged in her brother's eyes present.

"Actually, it hurts very much. So much, in fact, that I think I'm blacking out." She slurred the last four words before promptly collapsing to the floor, in a state that looked very much like she was unconscious.