𝟶𝟷𝟿-𝙾𝚌𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚢

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

The following morning, Marilyn, dressed in her usual neat Ravenclaw robes with her prefect badge pinned to her chest, entered the common room to find quite a few of the people in her year gathered around the notice board. Her eyebrows rose and she crossed the room over to where they were gathered, peering at the new notice.

APPARITION LESSONS

If you are seventeen years of age, or will turn seventeen on or before the 31st of August next, you are eligible for a twelve-week course of Apparition Lessons from a Ministry of Magic Apparition instructor. 

Please sign below if you would like to participate. 

Cost 12 Galleons.

She tilted her head and studied the notice for a moment before moving through the crowd and adding her name to the list. She wasn't entirely sure what she would do, considering she already knew how to apparate. Maybe, she would just turn on her heel and not apparate for a while before doing it right so people wouldn't be suspicious. Either way, she was going. It would be more suspicious if she didn't.

When she entered the Great Hall that morning, she was immediately dragged to the Gryffindor table by her twin, whose eyes were gleaming excitedly. He sat down across from her and next to Katie, who he had been getting closer to for a while now. 

"Did you hear?" Katie asked as soon as the twins sat down. "Apparition lessons!"

Marilyn and Marvolo exchanged a look. Marilyn could apparate already, and Marvolo knew the basics of apparition, he just hadn't been able to actually do it because he still had the trace, unlike his twin. 

"Yeah, it was on the notice board this morning. Did you sign up?" Marilyn asked and Katie nodded instantly.

"Of course, I did. You two did too, right?" She asked them. 

Marilyn nodded, taking a bite of her pancakes. "Yes, of course, we did."

Katie grinned. "I can't wait. Have either of you ever apparated before? Like side-along?"

Marvolo nodded, he had apparated with Marilyn as a matter of fact. "Yeah, a few times. It kind of rearranges your insides." 

Marilyn nodded, "Not the most pleasant feeling, but I've heard you get used to it."

She had gotten used to it, and so had Marvolo. 

"It'll be so great to be able to apparate. I hate travelling via floo-powder and my mum always makes me go that way." She shuddered, "It's awful."

"We rode the Knight Bus to get back yesterday, I really thought I was going to hurl," Marilyn grimaced.

"Thought?" Marvolo repeated incredulously. "Mary, you definitely would have if there had been another stop on the way here!"

Katie snickered while Marilyn glared at her twin. She glanced at her watch and her eyes widened. 

"Well, I have to get to Charms." She said, standing up and shouldering her bag. "I'll see you in Care of Magical Creatures."

Both Gryffindors waved as she exited the hall, making her way towards the Charms classroom. 

"Today we'll be working on non-verbal spells again, class. Go on, partner up." Flitwick squeaked once the entire class had filed inside. 

Marilyn partnered with Cho Chang, who looked like she was very deep in thought as she gnawed on her bottom lips. After Cho was too distracted to cast anything nonverbally and ended up verbally sending a chair at Marilyn's head, on accident, the Gaunt girl sighed in resignation and sat down.