𝟶𝟷𝟺-𝚂𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐'𝚜 𝚆𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

As December dawned at Hogwarts, Marilyn found herself busier than ever. Her prefect duties seemed to multiply and she had almost no time during the day for anything other than classes and whatever tasks she was assigned daily. She ended up having to do her homework at night when most of the castle was sleeping. 

Winter break drew closer and Marilyn found herself looking forward to the holidays. She and Marvolo were staying at Hogwarts like normal and were planning on meeting in the Gryffindor common room to exchange gifts on Christmas.

The DA meetings also continued regularly and before she knew it, she was making her way to the Room of Requirement for the last meeting before the break. Upon entering the room, a smirk made its way onto her face when she noticed the hundred golden baubles strung from the ceiling, each showing a picture of Harry's face and bearingthe legend HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS!

Harry and Luna arrived not long after and Harry immediately tore down the baubles, grimacing at the amused look on Marilyn's face as she talked with the dreamy blond. 

Angelina, Alicia, Katie, and Marvolo entered soon after that looking out of breath but in relatively high spirits, especially Katie and Marvolo.

"Well," said Angelina, pulling off her cloak and throwing it into a corner, "we've replaced you."

"Replaced me?" said Harry blankly. 

"You and Fred and George," she said impatiently. "We've got another Seeker!" 

"Who?" said Harry quickly. 

"Ginny Weasley," said Katie. 

Harry gaped at her. 

"Yeah, I know," said Angelina, pulling out her wand and flexing her arm. "But she's pretty good, actually. Nothing on you, of course," she said, throwing him a very dirty look, "but as we can't have you..."

"And what about the Beaters?" he asked, looking strained. 

Marvolo smirked as all three girls on the team glanced at him, making Marilyn raise an eyebrow. Had he actually-?

"ME!" He exclaimed, grinning proudly, making Marilyn spin to face him proudly.

She beamed, making the eyes of the others in the room widen slightly at seeing her face in a full-blown smile. She had never smiled like that at anyone else and didn't even smile like that to Marvolo very often.

"That's brilliant, Marvol!" She exclaimed, gleaming with pride for her brother, "You know Dad was a beater!"

He grinned bashfully but looked very proud of himself. Marilyn couldn't be prouder. Her brother! Her twin brother was on the Quidditch team! She knew her parents would be so proud if they were still alive.

"Thanks, Mary." He said, hugging her from the side.

She gave him a soft smile before looking back at Angelina.

"Who's the other beater?" She asked curiously.

All of the other Quidditch players' faces dropped. "Andrew Kirke. He isn't the best. At all. You'll have your work cut out for you, working with that one." Angelina said, directing the last bit at Marvolo who grimaced but nodded.

The rest f the group filed in and gathered around Harry expectantly. Marilyn's small smile remained on her face at the thought of her brother being on the Quidditch team, earning her a lot of surprised looks from the other students who had never seen her smile.