𝟶𝟸𝟿-𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

For a moment everything was still. Marilyn had not reappeared on the other side of the veil and Bellatrix's eyes widened as she realized what she had just done. She had killed the Dark Lord's family before he even got to meet her. She had failed him. With wide eyes, she fled from the chamber, with Harry following furiously soon after. 

Most of the others in the chamber looked at the veil and then at Marvolo. He looked remarkably calm for his twin sister having just been murdered. 

"She'll be okay," he said quietly, looking at the veil. "She's died before, she got over it. She'll be okay."

"What do you mean she's died before?" Sirius asked sharply, still looking at the veil one of his only remaining good family members had disappeared through a moment before.

"When we were six, she was hit by a killing curse. She was dead for fifteen minutes before she came back." Marvolo explained quietly. "She has powers over death now. Ever since that day. —She can see ghosts, you know."

Sirius blinked, looking at him as though he were crazy.

"Um—what?" He asked.

Sebastion was staring blankly at the veil that his girlfriend had just disappeared through. He already knew about the ghosts and the death powers—he just hoped she was okay.

Marilyn, meanwhile, was floating between life and death. She could see the ghosts clearer than ever, especially Tom, who was looking anxious.

"You have to go back—you have to go back now. Voldemort is here. In the atrium Harry—go!" He exclaimed.

Marilyn's eyes widened, but she nodded quickly, snapping back to the land of the living. She appeared on the other side of the veil, clutching her wand. She completely ignored the cries of disbelief at her appearance as her eyes darted to the ceiling. That was where she had to get. She turned on her heel and disappeared from the room, leaving the others all gaping at the spot she had been in.

She reappeared in the atrium right in between Harry and Voldemort. Voldemort paused in his approach of the Potter boy as he observed his cousin. 

"Ah," he said, slowly circling her. "I was hoping you would be here...cousin."

Harry gaped but didn't say anything, keeping behind Marilyn who was regarding Voldemort emotionlessly.

"I'm sure you were," she said dryly. "And may I ask whatever for?"

Voldemort snickered, coming to a stop two feet in front of her. "To meet you, of course. You are family." He said, his lips twitching in a way that reminded Harry very much of the girl in front of him.

"And your lovely brother, where is he?"

"Downstairs," she replied, keeping her stormy eyes trained on him as he nodded absently, observing every detail of her. 

"You know, you look just like I did." He said, looking pleased. 

Marilyn rose an eyebrow. "Well, Marvolo is practically identical to you." 

Harry choked slightly. Marvol—Marvolo. How had he not seen it before?

"Hmm, and—," he paused. "Where did you get that?" 

He had caught sight of the locket shining between her collarbones. 

"It was a gift," she said innocently. "It is a family heirloom, after all."

Voldemort stepped closer to her, but she refused to move back, even as his long pale finger lifted the necklace hanging around her neck with an oddly fond expression on his face. It wasn't often he was reunited with a piece of his soul. His fingers traced the green 'S' before he let go of the locket, letting it fall back to her chest.