Chapter 2: Marinette is Just a Friend, and Thinks of Me as One, Too

adrien's POV

She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Did I do something wrong?" I thought as I waved my hand in front of her. She was frozen with a strange look on her face.
"Marinette? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Just fine..." she responded awkwardly and slowly.

What was going on? She was usually so confident. Except when she's around me...

I turn to Nino and ask why Marinette usually acts strange around me. "Strange?" Nino responded. "Oh, Marinette's just in lo- likes... you! As a friend. She's like that to all her friends."

"What? I don't see her acting like that to you-" I tried to say before Nino pushed me away.
I feel like I've been missing something...

After school, I'm picked up by Nathalie.

"How was school?" Asked Nathalie.

"It was fine, I guess," I replied.

Nathalie turned to me. "Is there something wrong?"

"No. I'm great," I say with a fake smile.

Inside, I feel alone.

Although I am surrounded by friends. Nathalie and my bodyguard are here in this car. Yet I feel alone. I feel like no one knows how I feel. Marinette avoids me, although I enjoy her company when she is around. Everyone else is in a loving relationship, except me. I feel like an outsider. I want to talk to my dad, but I know he'll be busy, like always.

I wish I could talk with Marinette... she's so comforting. So caring. She's funny and kind... I don't think there would be any reason to act like this around me. She isn't a bad person.

Unless...