Chapter 3: Don't Worry, it's Just Almost the End of Ladybug and Chat Noir!

marinette's POV

I'm furious with myself.

I made a horrible impression on Adrien. He's going to think I'm crazy. My heart is racing 300 bpm. I feel like I'm going to faint.

"Marinette," says Alya, in a comforting voice. "Calm down. Don't worry."

I suck it up and hold my feelings in until class and detention is over. Alya is waiting for me.

Alya and I walk home as she explains how Nino took care of it. I need to tell him eventually. This is getting repetitive.
Boring.

I'm going to tell Adrien I love him.
No tricks. No fake outs. No excuses.
Just the real thing.

I tell Alya all of this but she is doubtful. I believe in myself. I'm going to tell him.

"What if he doesn't like you back?" Alya says, somehow feeling like she doesn't want me and Adrien to be together.

I feel an overwhelming emotion. If he says I'm just a friend. What if he doesn't like me at all? What if? What if? What if-
Alya interrupts me mid-thought.

"You sure about this, Marinette? You haven't exactly been straight with him."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I've tried over 500 times... but this is the one. It's not like the other days. I want this cycle to end." I respond, sounding more serious than before.

I need to break this cycle. Forever.

"Telling Adrien will be my biggest accomplishment," I say to Alya.
"Other than saving Paris each day from Hawk Moth..." I think.

Wait. Hawk Moth. He usually strikes by now. He's been quiet all day. Weird.

Suddenly, an Akuma flies towards me. I panic and run for the school. Without thinking, I grab a book and attempt to kill the butterfly. Tikki reminds me I have to calm down in order for the Akuma to go away, not fight it. I take deep breaths and calm down.

That was a close one... I think as my head starts to hurt. That would have been the end of Ladybug.

Suddenly, everything around me feels dark. The end of Ladybug. The end of Chat Noir and Ladybug. I can't let that happen. Sure, I've had a few close calls... but not this close. I've never gotten this upset. Alya rushes in explaining she tripped and would have gotten here sooner.

"It's okay," I tell her. "Don't worry, I haven't been akumatized," I say with a nervous laugh.

She hugs me while I cry on her shoulder. Everything around me disappears.

The end of Ladybug and Chat Noir.