Prologue

Boruto: Thinking

"Peace is temporary in the world of shinobi, he who endures this fact and strives to make it permanent is the person who can be called a true shinobi", these were some some important words parted to me by my dad. He may not have been a great dad but he was a hero in my eyes. A true leader. The seventh Hokage. Uzumaki Naruto. " I never go back on on my word, cause that's my nindo", stupid dad held on to it till the end. 

I wish you were here Dad, to see the legacy you left behind. The will of of fire that you and uncle Sasuke passed on to us, the next generation. The dreams that were fired by your kindness and love for the village. The current Hokage and my wife Uchiha Sarada. Your grandkids. Hima. Everything that you are missing out. It pains my heart greatly that neither you nor uncle Sasuke is here to witness the outcome of your sacrifices to protect the village. 

????: PAPA!! Let's go train, I want to perfect my shuriken jutsu so that I can beat mama's record.

The child is pulling on Boruto's clothes.

Boruto: Calm down Satoshi. Sighs and gently pushes the child away. Call your brother, let's go to the training grounds.

Satoshi: HEY, HIROTO COME ON LET'S GO. DAD SAID OKAY.

Boruto: Why did this kid have to take after me in his impatience and impulsiveness? Face palms awkwardly

Hiroto: Sushsh!  Puts a finger on lips as an indication to be silent . Baka don't shout you will wake up mama. She was really tired when she came home in the morning.

Yup being the Hokage is no easy job. Late nights  and coming home early in the morning was normal for Sarada. But it didn't mean she missed out her kids' special days and important events, she did her best to be there for them. In fact she was better than her predecessors in managing the endless paperwork.  Plus she had her husband's constant support .  So most of the time it was not a big issue. However this time was different, the academy's  graduation exams were nearing and hence the sudden upsurge in paperwork.

Satoshi: Puts both his  hands over his mouth in sudden realization of what he  had done. Sorry, he whispers.

Boruto: It's okay buddy, now come on if we go early we can train extra.

Satoshi and Hiroto: Yes, papa.