Chapter 2: The case of the missing children

Adult Boruto is in the Hokage's office reporting the details of his last mission to his wife *cough* *cough* the Hokage. 

Boruto: ...and so I arrested the ringleader and handed him over to Ibiki-san. I'll report any further information once his interrogation is over.

Sarada: Hmm....Shikamaru- san do you think that he might be somehow connected to the incident that the genin of team 12 reported yesterday?

Shikamaru: Well I can't say for  sure but it does ring a bell. Rubs his chin in thought

That's when a member of the sensory unit contacts  Sarada and Boruto

Sensory nin: Sarada, Boruto this is Inojin  from the sensory unit.

Sarada: Tell me Inojin what is it?

Inojin: Okay don't panic but a while ago there was a chakra disturbance near training ground 27 and while I checked Hiroto and Satoshi  were there. I contacted them through mind-transmission and asked them to immediately leave the place. But while I was talking to them their chakra suddenly disappeared. The person who created the chakra disturbance was saying something about the 'perfect vessel' . I have already sent backup.

Boruto: Oh no. It cannot be. Clutches his hair. 

Sarada:  Gasps. Otsutsuki!!

Meanwhile Shikadai enters the Hokage office half running.

Shikadai: Sarada, Oyaji, Boruto the situation is bad they have also knocked down the border security. As soon as the man disappeared a small army of white zetsu appeared and started it's attack.

Shikamaru: White zetsu? Then it's definitely them. There is a high possibility that due to you both being related to the Otsuskuki  they may have something to do with it too.

Sarada: We have no time to waste. Shikadai secure the village's gates, announce an immediate lockdown. Shikamaru-san I am leaving you incharge of things here.

Shikamaru: Okay .

Shikamaru and Shikadai leave the office to get to their work.

While all this is happening Boruto is standing in silence with his head down. To others he may look like he's in deep thought  but Sarada knows that he's internally cursing and blaming himself.

Sarada: Boruto?

Boruto:  Dammit!! It's all my fault right? They came after the kids because of me being a former vessel and I..I ...

Sarada: Baka, what kind of nonsense are you talking. If all this is because you being a former vessel, then what about me being an incarnate? All these are things that aren't in our control. Right now we have to trust  our kids and their abilities. Pull your self together. This isn't like you. Behave like the ninja you are.

Boruto: Realizes that he lost his composure. Takes a second to calm himself and looks at his  wife with eyes filled with determination. Thinks to himself 'This woman is seriously  amazing, not losing her composure even in these tight necked situations.I am lucky to be her man' Let's go Hokage-sama. 

Sarada: Now that's my man. Smirks

Both of them go to the place where the incident had occurred.