1- A1

6,700 words

In a spur of the moment decision, I maneuver my head so the corner I just turned is in sight. 

Nothing.

I have time.

My heart slows a fraction, relaxing my nerves as I continue on.

Bringing my sight back to the scene in front of me, I catch a glimmer of rainbow light shimmer off of the metal trash bin situated on my right.

I snap my head back behind my shoulder, catching myself off guard when a new presence is cascading it's way towards me.

I almost look back to my path of destination but before I can, my eye catches the source of light from the trash bin.

My whole body shuts down, my heart skipping a couple beats, legs freezing in spot.

My breathing falters.

Go.

All senses come back to me, my body kickstarting again, moving forward.

My heart is beating so fast I don't even think it's pumping blood anymore.

Inhaling in need of oxygen, my throat clenches, shutting down any opportunity to obtain a proper breath.

My breathing becomes unsteady and rigid, eyes glossy and heavy.

Pick up the pace.

245

I fail to keep up with the speed of the suitcases following in tow behind me, my heel kicks up into one, faltering my steps.

My speed continues but now at a loss of balance, I get thrown forward onto the blood red carpet in front of me.

Won't be hard to clean up the mess.

Every system in my body goes wild, hands shaking and coated in a thick layer of sweat.

Get up.

Stumbling to stand straight, I loose balance once again for just a moment before I'm back on my feet.

Frantically bending over to grab the suitcase handle, the contents of Jaden's book bag spill out onto the carpet below me.

No.
No.
No.
No.
Fuck.
Oh my.
Fuck.

I can't just leave it here, she trusted me with her shit what if there's something important that fell and he takes it.

Your life's more important than any object.

No that's selfish I need to grab it all. I have time.

Flipping my head over to my left, loose strands of hair stick to the layer of sweat coating my forehead, I can't see much through this but I catch the glimmer of the knife in his hand moving towards me.