⇥ CHAPTER 11

season 3 episode 8

"There you are." Mark chimed as Alex and Izzie walked forward with his lunch and dry-cleaning, unaware of Marcela's presence in the Nurse's station since she needed to grab a chart for Dr. Bailey, "What, did you go all the way to New York for my pastrami?"

Mark grabbed his food as Alex listed the things he asked for, "Extra spicy, extra lettuce, light on the mayo. And a cookie."

"Dr. Sloan," Marcela interrupted as she looked at his food, unconsciously eyeing the dessert as Alex and Izzie prayed she'd be able to convince him to get them on a case, "Aren't you supposed to be teaching other interns instead of making them get you food?"

"Mm." Mark hummed before grabbing the cookie to distract her with, "You want the cookie or not, friend?" Mark asked, handing over the cookie he had asked Alex for-- fully intending to give it to Marcela.

Alex and Izzie released a sigh and eye-roll, knowing she would be distracted the second her eyes landed on the food in the attending's hand.

Marcela squinted at him before grabbing the cookie, "Thanks." She looked at her friends, who glared at her, "Sorry."

"Hey," Marcela grabbed Alex's arm as he was about to pass by her, "is there any news on George's dad yet?"

Alex nodded, "Yeah, um, esophageal cancer." Alex informed before looking down at his pager, which began to beep, "I gotta go."

"Damn." Marcela cursed in a mutter before walking forward, attempting to find George to comfort him."

✶✶✶

so, uh, this is a short chapter. but next chapter is going to be a big one and uhhhhh don't go to hard on george 'cause he's sad, stressed out times rn and it's just... oof.