⇥ CHAPTER 28

season 4 episode 2

"This isn't fair—" Marcela complained, shaking her head with a grin as Timothy placed a bag of cookies in front of her as she sat alone on the couch in the basement— a previously known area for Callie Torres to sleep through her fourth-year as a r...

"This isn't fair—" Marcela complained, shaking her head with a grin as Timothy placed a bag of cookies in front of her as she sat alone on the couch in the basement— a previously known area for Callie Torres to sleep through her fourth-year as a resident, "I didn't know you were bringing snacks."

"You brought snacks last time." Timothy reminded, inserting a movie into the DVD player before plopping down next to Marcela with a grin, "It only seemed fitting." 

"Mm." Marcela hummed, squinting at him with a smile until her eyes trailed to the movie screen, "What are we watching now?"

"Batman." Timothy joked— remembering their first 'hangout' where they had picked the same movie, "Kidding, it's a surprise."

"That's the title?" Marcela frowned her brows before cackling up at her own joke— quickly joined by the attending for its ridiculousness.

"No, no..." Timothy chuckled, his laughs slowing down as their eyes met while the air around them grew still, "i-it was a joke."

As his eyes flickered down to her lips, unaware of Marcela's doing the same, she softly smiled, "Tim?"

He cleared his throat, finding it harder to avert his eyes from her as he frowned his brows, "Yeah?"

She grinned, leaning forward, "I know—"

All in all, it was a toss-up as to who met who's lips first— but the undeniable chemistry and spark they felt the second they joined was something they never felt before— for Marcela, she felt butterflies dancing in her stomach as if it were her first kiss, which to her, felt like it was. And as for Timothy, who only ever felt used by his previous girlfriends, felt nothing more than utter acceptance and joy in his time with Marcela.

She finally felt like someone's first choice.

And he finally felt welcomed.

"So," Marcela smiled, lightly hip-bumping against Mark as she joined him by the Nurses' Station, "whatcha doing~?"

"Writing notes~." Mark answered, matching her tone before adding a small chuckle as he noted her happy mood, "Where's Timmy?"

"It's his day off." She answered, frowning her brows at the sight of a flustered Callie making her way towards them, "Ooh—" She smiled, an idea plotting in her head, "now that you're single and alone—"

Mark squinted at her, placing a hand over his heart, "Harsh."

"Why don't you hit it off with Callie?" Marcela recommended with a shrug.

"Hmm. Let me see." Mark began, quirking a brow as he turned his body to face hers, "Oh, right— because she's married."

"Oh... right." Marcela pouted, pursing her lips before a laugh escaped, "Well," she reminded, "that's never stopped you before, right?"