⇥ CHAPTER 7

season 3 episode 3

Marcela leaned against the elevator wall as Derek entered and pressed a button, "Morning

Marcela leaned against the elevator wall as Derek entered and pressed a button, "Morning."

Marcela rubbed her eyes before greeting with a yawn, "Morning." She scrunched her nose, "I--"

"You slept with Mark?" Derek interrupted, looking at her as he sipped his cup of coffee and she jumped awake.

"No." Marcela snorted, "You slept with Meredith and I covered for her." She crossed her arms in front of her, "Which nurse told you that?"

"Ruthie." Derek revealed before shrugging, "Well, that's good that you didn't considering I found him with my wife last night."

"Oh." Marcela nodded before her eyes widened, "Oh. Oh, wow. That's just..." She chuckled before breaking out into a laugh, "Of course-- of course that would happen."

Marcela munched on the fruitcake one of Meredith's boyfriends, Finn, had gotten for Meredith before her eyes spotted Alex, which made her flick him upside the head once he reached them as she spoke, "Why are you so late?"

"Ow." Alex grabbed a piece of cake before squinting at her, "My alarm didn't go off-- I forgot to set it and I thought my caring neighbor would wake me up."

"I came early to troll for cases." Marcela lifted her hands in surrender before she grabbed another piece.

Alex hummed, "Anything good?"

"Nope." 

As Alex reached for another piece, Cristina grabbed his hand and warned, "Touch that piece, lose a hand." Cristina glared at him, offering enough of an opportunity for Marcela to reach over and stuff her face before Cristina looked back, "...Where'd it go?"

"Morning, people." Bailey introduced, making the interns quickly turn around to face her, "Grey, we're clearing the decks. I need you writing discharge forms. Yang, you're with Dr. Shepherd. Karev, as usual, you're with Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd in O.B.-G.Y.N. De La Cruz, you're charting and then going off to the pit when you're done. O'Malley, Dr. Torres has requested you today in Ortho."

Marcela frowned her eyebrows as Bailey walked away before she faced Alex, "Why's she so happy?"

Alex shrugged before smiling, "Izzie's back."

"Good." Marcela nodded as she grabbed charts, "You want to guess who's back to? Because you'll never guess."

"Is it--"

"It's Mark." Marcela exposed before Alex could think, "Mark slept with Addison." 

"Yeah," Alex nodded, remembering their previous history, "no kidding."

"Yesterday." Marcela corrected with a squint.

"Oh."

"Yep." Marcela scoffed, recalling the words he told her, "'I'm here for you' my ass."