⇥ CHAPTER 31

season 4 episode 7

Hindsight is 20/20, unlike Marcela's horrible vision— which was evident in the way she squinted around her surroundings and attempted to walk through the hallways before reaching the Nurses' Station

Taking a gamble, Marcela sighed before tapping the shoulder of the guy next to her, "Listen," She squinted harder, "I'll pay you twenty dollars and this coffee in my hand if you get my glasses from my house."

"Jesus," Mark scoffed as he searched the pockets of his doctor coat, "how blind are you?"

"Shut up, Mark." Marcela facepalmed, "Just—"

"Oh," Mark teased, crossing his arms in front of him as he quirked a brow, "now you remember me?"

"I can't see you." Marcela deadpanned, "You look blurry— I can make out your features now, but I'm sorry that my blindness affected you." Marcela rolled her eyes before exhaling softly, "Can you—"

"Here." Mark released a small chuckle, placing Marcela's spare glasses in her palm as he shook his head, "How did you forget your glasses from your own house?"

"Because I didn't sleep in my house." Marcela exhaled, placing her glasses on before smiling, "Thanks— why do you look like a kicked puppy?"

"I'm a normal puppy." Mark scoffed, fixing his attitude as Marcela quirked a brow— unaware of the thoughts running rampant in Mark's mind.

"Why do you have my glasses?" She questioned, squinting accusingly at him.

"Somehow, someway, I knew you'd claim blindness again after the failed swimming attempt, Sweets." Mark joked as he reached over to grab a chart, "I'm pretty sure Alex might have your contacts in his cubby— but I think you're fine with the glasses."

"Mm." Marcela sighed in relief, "Tim hasn't seen me with the glasses and I completely forgot to grab some last night before—"

"I'm being paged!" Mark stated loudly, walking away from Marcela, which prompted her to frown her brows at him before hearing a pair of footsteps behind her.

"Marcy," Callie grinned as the brunette turned, "we found a perfect ortho case— you wear glasses?"

"How did I not know of this?" Timothy quirked a brow, making Marcela sigh as she facepalmed.

"I hate myself." Marcela stated, staying in her facepalmed position before she adjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose and nodded towards the doctors, "What are we doing?"

"I'm on post-op again." Alex complained, slamming the door behind him as Marcela snapped out of her daze from watching someone remove the belongings of Izzie Stevens from her cubby and onto a box, "Second week in a row." He begged towards Meredith, Cristina, and Marcela, "Trade with me."