⇥ CHAPTER 1

season 1 episode 9 + season 2 episode 1

MARCELA ELIZABETH DE LA CRUZ  grew up at a small town in New York with her father and older sister after moving away from their foreign country

MARCELA ELIZABETH DE LA CRUZ  grew up at a small town in New York with her father and older sister after moving away from their foreign country. She grew up with the hope, the second after she saw them on an article, to see the Aurora Borealis in person with a smile upon her face. She grew up with a dream to one day become a surgeon to help people.

And that day was here.

Tucking her brown hair behind her ear, Marcela, or as she preferred to be called, Marcy, brought her eyes up to stare at the tall hospital in front of her. I can't believe Derek got me a job here, she thought, stepping to the side to let a woman pass her before she inhaled deeply.

It was her first day, or rather, night, as an intern in Seattle Grace-- she was a transfer from Minnesota, and while she wouldn't have minded to stay in Minnesota, something told her to accept Derek's offer to move over to Seattle and accept the job offer he obtained for her.

Her feet eventually carried her to the lobby of the hospital, and while each step towards her destination filled her with excitement and nervousness, her eyes took in the room in front of her, almost examining each detail to hopefully have it embedded in her mind as the best day of her life. And with her memory, it wouldn't be hard for her to remember.

Marcy immediately froze in her spot before her face lit up with a smile as her eyes landed on Derek Shepherd, the man himself in the flesh and not just a voice on her phone anymore for the past two years. She took quick steps over to the man, not paying much attention to the two women next to him as she shouted, her almost unnoticeable accent running smooth through her voice as she shouted, "Derek!"

Perhaps if she had been caught up to speed with everything that happened since she left New York, or if she had known he and his wife weren't currently together and the woman next to him was his mistress, she most likely would not have called him out after Addison Shepherd accused Meredith Grey of sleeping with her husband-- it wasn't that she was wrong, it was that Meredith wasn't informed Derek was married.

So as Meredith stood as a statue, her mind running at a thousand miles an hour as she thought over Addison's last name and the last sentence that ran out of her mouth 'And you must be the woman who's been screwing my husband'  was still running fresh in her mind, her eyes went wide as she looked over at the brunette woman who immediately went over to hug Derek. 

"Marcy." Derek let out a chuckle as his eyes went wide, looking back and forth between his wife and his girlfriend as he wrapped an arm around her, "Hey, um, now's not the time--"

"Addison!" Marcy shouted as she let go of Derek, despite the woman being right next to her, "I didn't know you were in Seattle."