⇥ CHAPTER 12

season 3 episode 9

"I mean," Izzie laughed, holding onto Louise O'Malley's arm lightly with her hand as she gossiped and Marcela walked inside, "nobody needs to be naked that often--"

"Izzie." Marcela reprimanded, glaring at the blonde as she quickly deducted she was talking about the latina resident, "Outside, now."

Izzie chuckled, not taking her seriously in front of her friend's parents, "Marcy--"

"Outside." Marcela repeated, dropping her voice down an octave.

Izzie's eyebrows shot up before she looked at the O'Malley's, "Sorry." She walked outside to meet Marcela with frowned brows, "What's--"

"Callie and George's relationship is not one for you to gossip about." Marcela began before scoffing lightly, "I get you're making friends with George's parents but if he asked you not to talk to them about things like that, maybe as a favor and a friend, you shouldn't."

This time, Izzie scoffed, "He's our friend and barely tells his parents anything--"

"And he's allowed to share whatever he wants to his parents and keep whatever he wants to himself." Marcela informed, "And don't talk about Callie like she's--"

"What?" Izzie interrupted before chuckling, "A bit out there?"

Marcela squinted at her, "Like she's of lower status because she's 'out there.' It's rude."

"It's--"

"Rude." Marcela inputted, "From the second she arrived in George's life, you've treated her like nothing but dirt--"

Izzie frowned her brows deeper, "No, I haven't--"

"Yes, you have." Marcela corrected, "Think about the last time you've actually been nice to her and realize that you can't think of anything." Marcela's pager interrupted the fuel within her as it beeped, "I'm being paged," She looked back up to Izzie, "stop talking about George's life behind his back."

"Oh, George..." Marcela whispered, stepping off the last step in her flight of stairs before she joined George, remembering the conversation with Izzie prior to her journey to the labs, "I tried, I really tried to stop her from saying things--"

"It's fine, Marcy." George muttered, numbly looking forward, "It's fine."

Marcela nodded, her eyes taking a moment to examine his broken face before she started, "...Callie suggested I talk about things, and I'll tell you..." She inhaled, taking a breath to pace herself, "no one knows but my dad--"

"Is your dad dying?" George asked, snapping out from the overwhelming stress, anger, and essentially everything going wrong in his life-- along with the countless amount of doctors approaching him with their own 'dad stories.'