eleven

a few years later:It had been almost 3 years since Harry and I said 'I love you' to one another

a few years later:
It had been almost 3 years since Harry and I said 'I love you' to one another. Although I was going through a lot at the time, I truly meant it. Ever since my dad passed away and Jamie left, I pushed everyone away saying that I was all right and that I just needed time when I really wasn't okay. No matter how much I tried, Harry wouldn't budge. Now that I'm in a better state of mind, I'm so glad he hadn't left. This place had changed him. It changed all of us.

"Auntie Effie!" An excited Eden screamed, running towards me with her arms wide open. "Aw come here" I smiled as I crouched down and picked her up. "Ugh, I'm so sorry ef I was up all night last night" Becca walked in with her hands full. "Oh it's okay, if anything I should be the one apologising for making you stay up all night planning the wedding" I laughed as I used my other free hand to grab some of the bags. "I can't believe you're getting married" she looked at me as a smile creapt up on her face. I laughed in response. "Hey guys" grizz walked in with Sam. "Hey" I said, signing at the same time.

"Well, I have to get ready. I'll see you later" I clapped my hands together before making my way upstairs to my room. It was Harry and i's wedding day. We would've gotten married sooner since there was literally nothing stopping us but we wanted to save the happy moment and not rush the day. I walked over to my mother's wardrobe and pulled out the beautiful dress.

It was white with long, laced sleeves and a gaping whole in the back. "You're gonna look beautiful in that" I heard a guy's voice in the background causing me to turn around. "Harry!" I slapped his arm. "We're not supposed to see each other until the wedding, it's bad luck" I whisper-shouted. "Who cares" he whispered, pulling me closer by my waist. He put his other hand on my cheek and leaned in, placing his lips on mine. "Now go!" I laughed, pushing him out of the door and slamming it shut. "Effiee was that you and Harry secretly seeing eachother before the wedding?" I heard helena's voice call out. I opened the door with wide eyes, grabbing her arm and pulling her in with me. "Shush" I laughed.

"It's okay, me and Luke couldn't stay away from eachother on our special day either" she zoned out as she relived her wedding day in her mind. "I hope you don't mean what I think you do" I fake threw up. "Hey!" She slapped my arm playfully. "I'm kidding" I rolled my eyes, laughing. "Come on, you need to get ready" she said, walking over to the dress that was laid out on the bed.

————————

Everything had been set up on the field that Grizz and his team had found a few years ago. After years of being stuck here, we eventually ran out of food and thanks to grizz's plan working we were all still alive and well, eating fruit and vegetables. It honestly felt nicer now that we weren't stuck eating processed food and I felt so much more energised. The field was also beautiful after the rest of the students would come here to plant flowers and some, with their kids. Helena and Luke had a baby boy named, Liam and Allie and will had a girl named, Cassandra in honour of her sister.

It was nice knowing that we were all growing together and living out our lives despite the situation. I learnt to cope with the fact we were never leaving and I wasn't so mad about it. We all had everyone we needed right here. "Effie?" Grizz snapped me out of my daydreaming. "Mhm" I shook my head and turned to him. "You ready?" He held his arm out. "Let's do this" I laughed, linking my arm in his.

Eden and Cassandra walked down the aisle, throwing their petals around. I took a deep breath and followed behind with grizz by my side. I couldn't help but laugh a little at Harry in his suit. He was so cute. "Thankyou" I whispered to grizz before I turned to stand opposite Harry. Behind me, Becca, Allie, Helena and bean were stood there in their bride maid dresses that I picked out from the wedding store in town. They all looked so pretty.

Gordie cleared his throat and began speaking. Both Harry and I repeated our vows before gordie asked the question. "Harrison Bingham, do you take Elizabeth Johnson to be your wife?" He questioned. Harry turned to look at me before saying "i do". My heart started pounding out of my chest. Gordie asked the same question but to me this time. "I do" I repeated and smiled at my now, husband stood in front of me. "You may now kiss the bride" gordie shut his book and wiped the sweat from his forehead. I laughed before Harry pulled me in and kissed me.

I heard claps from the crowd of students. I smiled before I saw something in the corner of my eye. "It's him" I whispered with a panicked look on my face. "What?" Harry followed my eyes and saw who I was looking at. "The bus driver" I said in disbelief. The man was stood at the end of the aisle with the same outfit in the picture that Becca had showed us. I turned to see Harry run over to the man "you brought us here! Get us out!" He shouted. It all felt like it was happening in slow motion. Everything was blurred out and all I could hear was the sound of my heavy breathing.

"Effie" I heard as everything felt like it was closing in. I ran my fingers through my hair before I felt someone's arms around me. "Effie!" A shout snapped me out of what was happening. "Grizz?" I sighed with relief. "What's happening?" I looked around and I was at the end of the aisle with grizz stood beside me. "You were having a panic attack" he said rubbing my arm. "Are you sure you want to do this?" He raised his eyebrow at me. "Yes. Yes I am. I just need to suck it up" I breathed in. "Public crowds aren't really my thing" I shrugged as he laughed.

————————

We all gathered around in the church that night to celebrate our wedding. Everyone was eating and having fun. I enjoyed times like these when we all got a break from work and got the chance to spend time together. Now that there were kids around, I got the responsibility of looking after them in the school. We started a kindergarten and since all of their parents were busy with work I decided I wanted to take care of them. I always loved kids and I was so excited to have some of my own one day. Maybe that would happen if Harry even wanted it to.

"Thankyou" I said as Gwen gave me a gift bag. "Let's go home" I yawned as I pulled on Harry's arm like a child. "Tired already?" He raised his eyebrow. "Shut up" I slapped his arm playfully before rolling my eyes. "Come on" he said as he put his arms around me and walked out of the church.

This was when the rest of our lives together began....

The end!

I feel like there could've been so much potential with this story like how they could get home or how they lived their lives in detail but I think we get that enough in the show and I wanted Harry and Effie to have a happy ending together and I felt like if I left it any longer I wouldn't have really updated the book but I hope everyone who read it enjoyed it!!

Once again, thankyou so much for reading :)