six

Effie woke up to the beeps from her phone "oh my god who is that?" She asked herself before checking to see that she had 1 unread messages from Cassandra

Cassandra:
Hey there's a church meeting at 10!

Effie checked the alarm clock on the side of her bed that read: 9:35. "Shit!" Effie grabbed a crop top and a pair of jeans before putting on her white air forces. She brushed through her hair and flipped it around so it didn't look so flat.
She grabbed a big hoodie before locking her door and leaving for the church.

"Uh you're a life saver" she heard in the distance as she walked down the aisle of the church. It was Helena talking to Kelly. "Hey guys" she waved as she walked past them and towards Becca. "Hey!" They replied almost in unison. "Hey bec" she said seating herself on the stage next to her best friend. "Hey" she replied smiling back at the girl.

"Thank you all for coming" Cassandra said as she walked down the aisle with her younger sister, Allie. "No problem" Kelly and a few other girls said with a smile. "We all saw what happened at the hardware store last night" Cassandra began speaking what happened at the hardware store last night? She thought to herself as Cassandra blabbered on about men.

"I'm sorry no one wanted to date you in high school, Cassandra. But this war on men is a little extreme" Gwen scoffed, this brought Effie back to the conversation. "Shut the fuck up Gwen" her and Kelly almost said at the exact same time. She smiled at Kelly and Kelly smiled back at her. Cassandra took her attention away from Gwen and carried on with her talk about how we need to be in charge and put in some rules.

Effie walked out of the church with Becca when she pulled her to the side of the church. "Ef look I need to tell you something. Something I haven't even told Sam yet." She said looking slightly nervous. Effie nodded her head for her to carry on. "Promise you won't say anything?" She asked holding out her hand "promise" Effie replied and shook the girl's hand.

"I'm pregnant." She said avoiding eye contact "oh my god! Becca! You're gonna be a mom!" She said whisper-shouting out of excitement. "Wait. What's wrong?" She asked the girl "nothing. No it doesn't matter" she said walking off before Effie could even call her name she had disappeared into the distance. This was a big thing to tell someone. Even if Becca wasn't ready to talk, Effie was proud of her for even being able to get the words out.

Effie returned back to the front of the church building to see what job she had today. Cooking. She made her way to the cafeteria, where she saw Harry. "Why hello there Harry" she laughed at the boy in his apron and hair net. "This is humiliating" he said looking fed up. "No you look cute" she said laughing as she put her apron and hair net on. "But I look better" she said walking off towards the fridge still looking back at the boy.

As Effie's shift ended she went out the back of the cafeteria to leave. "Hey Effie wait!" Someone called from behind. She turned around to see it was Harry. "Hey" he said out of breath "oh hello" she said pulling off his hair net that was still on his fluffy brown hair. "Come have lunch with me." He said as he admired her delicate features. "You look really sexy in this" she completely ignored him. "Hello? Are you coming?" He asked. "Only if you put this back on" she giggled and he took the hair net without hesitation and bowed. "Come on now you owe me" he said grabbing her arm as she continued to laugh.

Harry and Effie sat opposite each other eating their lunch "this is gross" she said picking at her food "it's rock solid" Harry said smashing the chicken nugget against the table. "What are you doing after this?" Effie asked the brunette boy sat opposite her. "Nothing, what about you?" He replied looking up from the table and making eye contact with her. "Nothing either. Do you wanna go on a walk?" She said grabbing her tray. "Yeah" he said following her and slipping out of the back of the cafeteria.

The pair walked towards the bridge where the town had been cut off. "We've literally gone all over town and there's no where else to go. It's not like we can walk through there" Effie said pointing towards the trees. She was desperate to go lay in a field with just Harry but, the whole town was completely blocked off and especially after what happened to Emily no one wanted to go in there.

"I know" he said pulling the girl by her waist closer towards him. "why don't we go back to mine?" She offered and Harry nodded in response.

As Effie and Harry got back to the girl's house. They laughed at the stupidest things and talked to each other about their lives, catching up on what they had missed. Effie smiled at the boy. She really had missed all these times that they used to hangout and laugh with each other. They were the pair that found even looking at one another hilarious.

"I heard there's a prom tomorrow night" Harry began speaking as the two had calmed down and cuddled up with each other on the couch. "Really?" Effie said "a prom?" She looked impressed. "Yeah" he replied laughing "are you going?" He asked the girl. She looked back up at him "would you like to go with me?" He sighed and then laughed "yes. Harry. Yes I would" she looked at him and they both burst out laughing.

"I should probably go home now" Harry said looking at the time. "Harry. You do realise we live on our own and don't have any parents in this universe, right?" She reminded the boy. "I'm trying to say you can stay here" she said laughing at him. He laughed and they went up to Effie's bed and cuddled up and put on a movie.

That's all for this chapter, it's really bad and short but I wanted to get to prom night because it's my favourite. If you enjoyed this please vote and comment so I can write more otherwise I don't have motivation to write. Thanks for reading!